***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Rear left quater fender question please help

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shinigami
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Rear left quater fender question please help

Postby shinigami » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Dear All member,

I would really like if you can provide me your review or any knowledge.

3 week back I had an accident my car is 2013 april model and went for agency repair (dealer repair)

as per dealer never do denting and just replace the part and they would be replacing front fender , bumper , head light , fog light etc as for side both doors and as for rear they will tail light , rear bumper and rear left quarter panel also front right and rear left rims

now my question can they really replace it or just making the fool out of me as I searched and check the damaged area from tail light is a part of chassis.

please can somebody advice me so I can start annoying them also I did confirm with that guy there is not repairs need to chassis he said no repairs all the parts are being replaced

as for my insurance will be claiming from the other party insurance and approval has been approved (I have full agency repair) normally if there is any damage to rims they will replace them would it cover the tiers too ?

advice please

photo hosting

image hosting 30 mb

capture

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Best if you check this with your insurance company, but it's generally quicker & cheaper to replace affected panels than try & repair them...

Also, your car doesn't have an actual chassis, it's a sub-frame (basically all the exterior panels, drivetrain etc. attach to the passenger compartment/shell and stiffen the whole thing up.

I wouldn't worry too much - if the repairer is authorised by your insurance company and it's a good insurance company you'll have no problems.

If you're concerned, when you get the car back after repair, get someone to check the repairs for you!
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:42 pm

Zaphod wrote:Best if you check this with your insurance company, but its generally quicker & cheaper to replace affected panels than try & repair them... Also, your car doesnt have an actual chassis, its a sub-frame (basically all the exterior panels, drivetrain etc. attach to the passenger compartment/shell and stiffen the whole thing up. I wouldnt worry too much - if the repairer is authorised by your insurance company and its a good insurance company youll have no problems. If youre concerned, when you get the car back after repair, get someone to check the repairs for you!

^ This
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

shinigami
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby shinigami » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Thank you for your light on this, yes in UAE there is only one authorized dealer Al habtoor Motors who sells Mitsubishi new cars and provides service like a factory and will only replace the parts no repairs will be made as for insurance is covering it.

http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=811

as in above link you can see the frame and what does makes me think is how he going to replace that area if its already welded to the frame that you are advising. that guy said the left rear quarter fender will be fully replaced and is approved by insurance.

correct me if I am wrong I think they will cut the effected area and weld it in new fender part by adjustment cut out.

shinigami
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby shinigami » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Duh!!! couz of some stupid driver my Azumi has to suffer ..... crying the heart out.....

any tips how can I figure out when I visit if they replaced or just repaired.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:16 am

Use a small magnet - it will stick to painted steel, but won't stick to body filler...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Return to “Exterior”