***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What colour to go???? (some possible examples pics)

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

What colour to go???? (some possible examples pics)

Postby D » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Long story short, not too long ago I picked up a PB Evo MR, love the colour etc but it is a pain to keep clean also I would like to protect it for the future, as at the end of January I will most likely be moving up to mount gambier for 2 years or so, and I will be travelling back and fourth a bit (~3-4 hour drive) on a consistent basis, I don't really want to get a re spray (as it also costs a lot more), so my other option would to be vinyl wrapping the car. From quotes I am looking at 2-3K to get this done professionally (5 year guarantee and all of that good stuff :)). I will be selling my blue lancer in the near future and this will fund this transformation and maybe some other mods :)

So I suppose that the main question that I have is what colour should I get?????
Has any one had experience with a wrapped car?
So here are the choices
Let me know what you think colour, possible designs etc etc
D
Last edited by D on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:03 pm

dont wraps the car .... because u will damage ur paint work when you go to pull it off ... you would be better to get Adam from eye candy detaitaling to give it and opti-coat ... i and doing this with the meggi ... for about 400 bucks max ... which it a harden coating over the paint work that will protect it from stone chips and its invisible to they eye ... makes the car look amazing and then u wont need to worry about wrap
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:11 pm

aslong as you dont get the cheap stuff it wont damage the paint when you remove it..

Depends what colour and finish you want.. i was looking at matte white for my RA but if the car was to stay stock looking i'd go for the gloss series..

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:37 pm

The previous owner had opti coat placed on the car already,
Yeah that is why I am going with the 3m stuff apparently it is the only way to go from what I hear,
I reckon that I will go matte, as I want something different, at the moment I was thinking either aqua, royal purple, apple green, blue with a gloss black roof and am obviously undecided, I was thinking of just going white but it seems sort of a waste spending decent money may as we'll get something that stands out and is different but then again it is a nice safe option, from my searches they all look good applied

ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:39 pm

+1000 for Adam from eye candy detailing.

I'm currently geeting mine opti coated next weekend and I have a black RA as well. The opticoat should protect it from small stone chips and keep it looking nice and shiny. Personally I think cars look the best with paint and I'm not a fan of wraps.
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm a fan of the vinyl wrapping. Deff go with the 3m brand and make sure you go with someone who knows what their doing. I was at a car show a few months back and there was a dude there working on a van. It looked sweet! I got his card n had a good chat with one of the 3 m reps. Its amazing what they can do these days. I really want to vinyl my bonnet and roof and get some embossing done on my boot. However with the wrapping you need a nice clean smooth surface to start with. Any dents, chips and scratches will show up as the vinyl will sink into them :(

Otherwise go check out eye candy. He has a fb page. I seen some cars he has done detailing work to last weekend and they are very nice and shiny. Not sure how much he would charge for an evo. He did a Nissan 350z for $400ish.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:23 pm

black_ice wrote:+1000 for Adam from eye candy detailing. Im currently geeting mine opti coated next weekend and I have a black RA as well. The opticoat should protect it from small stone chips and keep it looking nice and shiny. Personally I think cars look the best with paint and Im not a fan of wraps.
adam works for main north renualt who i bought the car off ... i have know him for a while hes brilliant ...
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup

2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:14 am

Ya he is brilliant unfortunately he is not in NSW. But I always ask him questions about detailing and he always helps me out. Also seen his work and it is great. When I was gonna get me car detailed here in nsw I got a few quotes and they quoting me $900 for the same work Adam would charge $400 for. Luckily I spoke to him and finally found someone good and reasonable.
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

poe_sniper
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby poe_sniper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:46 am

You should get in contact with "evil.ralliart" (aka Pete). He is on this forum. He knows alot about vinyls and he has wrapped cars before.

Here is another place you can contact him:
https://www.facebook.com/C.A.D.CustomAutomotiveDecals

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 am

Yeah I have seen his work from his Facebook page, he does some good work, I was going to get the evo detailed by him as a Chrissy present to my self but did not end up doing it, ran out of time etc, I will get in contact with Pete later on tonight and see what he has to include/suggest

ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

Fizzlefuzzle
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Fizzlefuzzle » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm vinyl wrapped :p it's great stuff. Easy to clean also!
<b> Proud owner of Australia's and club cj's first glitter pink 2011 CJ Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer :) </b>

<i> Life is short, so are my dogs! (corgi life) (basset life) </i>

Mod thread ; http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=297953 (cj-black)

viorussel
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby viorussel » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:49 pm

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 pm

Mmm they do like nice in yellow with the black highlights, yeah I have seen that Olympic blue wrap on the net before looks mint I reckon that I will go matte though

ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

viorussel
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby viorussel » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Ah fair enough, have you seen a matte wrapped car irl? I seen one that put me off but hey maybe it wasn't good quality wrap.

Return to “Exterior”