***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

DRL from NSV by dealer install??

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

CA
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby CA » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:16 pm

Does anyone have any real life pics?

OldEmmGee
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby OldEmmGee » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:02 am

I have some pics on a couple of vehicles - not sure how to post.....

For your information the light intensity is at the upper end of the legal limit when face-on (not the angle of these pics!) and has the Position Lamp (dim) function with lights-on.

As these operate as position lamps normally, of course they illuminate with the central locking 'welcome' feature - you need to remove the existing vehicle position globes to ensure complete conformance with ADR's.

Note - currently the Genuine Accessory kit (part number MZ350287) only suits the 'standard' bumper - not the 'Ralliart' version fitted to more recent higher spec models. I am hoping these will be out early next year.

As for fitting - the kit comes complete with all components, wiring and instructions and I reckon most on this forum could do the installation themselves in around 1/2 to 1 hour (although the dealer will know some of the trickier techniques!). The biggest advantage with this kit I reckon (and I have also done the cutting existing bezel and inserting strip lights during initial concept development) is that the DRL is already fitted into the replacement bezel - no cutting; creating brackets or adhesives required!

Cheers,
Doug

Adamacaus
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Adamacaus » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Recently bought the NSV DRLs from my local Mitsubishi dealer for $400. I installed them myself and it was very quick and easy. The process is a bit different to the one demonstrated in the YouTube vid, and the supplied wiring harnesses are a bit different too. Fortunately for a noob like me the printed instructions were easy enough to follow, except for one step where on an older Lancer like mine the cable layout behind the glovebox was different to that illustrated and required a bit of poking around to find one (hidden) connection.

They work perfectly and I think provide a stylish update to the car.

Here's a close pic (my phone adjusted for the brightness)

and one from a bit further back:

OldEmmGee
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby OldEmmGee » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:38 am

Good job Adam - glad the instructions were clear (I forgot the J/B was changed slightly around 10MY) and as the connectors are plug-and-play it is hard to get the wrong ones....

Did you remove your existing position lamp globes (ensures you are 100% compliant with relevant ADR's)?

Cheers,

Doug

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:50 am

Theyre quite bright :O
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Adamacaus
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Adamacaus » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:36 pm

OldEmmGee wrote:Good job Adam -Did you remove your existing position lamp globes (ensures you are 100% compliant with relevant ADRs)?

Thanks Doug. I did remove them.

Metalstrix wrote:Theyre quite bright :O

I was pleasantly surprised at the brightness but it does depend on the viewing angle. The pic from Mitsubishi is taken at one of the worst!

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 am

I'm interested in getting this set myself.

I noticed that the recommendation is to remove the position lights; so I take it the DRLs remain on with the position/parking lights on?

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=13157 is definitely a great FAQ overall though

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:22 pm

dannyboi wrote:Im interested in getting this set myself. I noticed that the recommendation is to remove the position lights; so I take it the DRLs remain on with the position/parking lights on? http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=13157 is definitely a great FAQ overall though

hehe, cheers buddy. I still gotta update it though. So of the links i provided are out of date. Will do it when I can.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Hoges wrote:That install video is wrong btw. That was either an early or overseas version

The licence plate of the vehicle in the video looks like Dubai

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 pm

lantourismo wrote:[quote:778ccc856c=Hoges]That install video is wrong btw. That was either an early or overseas version[/quote:778ccc856c] The licence plate of the vehicle in the video looks like Dubai

Which video are you talking about?

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:02 pm

I ended up ordering these, especially factoring the 15% eBay special happening today.

I've got an MY10 Lancer, so hopefully the ETACs is as per the instructions.

The "Plug and play" value does appeal to me, especially with how I don't have to fiddle around with either the headlights or wiring looms.

Return to “Exterior”