***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

DRL from NSV by dealer install??

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:54 am

Finally got the interior harness on. Out of all of the steps for installation, removing the existing plugs was the most traumatic. Otherwise, everything else is straightforward.

I'm impressed by the DRLs in the daylight mode (ignition ON). Probably not as good looking as other factory lights from other manufacturers (e.g. Hyundais, Kias and Hondas) but it's definitely a nice addition. I always wanted DRLs and a plug-and-play kit is pretty good.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:56 am

dannyboi wrote:Finally got the interior harness on. Out of all of the steps for installation, removing the existing plugs was the most traumatic. Otherwise, everything else is straightforward. Im impressed by the DRLs in the daylight mode (ignition ON). Probably not as good looking as other factory lights from other manufacturers (e.g. Hyundais, Kias and Hondas) but its definitely a nice addition. I always wanted DRLs and a plug-and-play kit is pretty good. Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice.

Good stuff mate, post some pics :)
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:14 am

1. Ignition ON (Lights OFF) - DRL @ Full brightness

2. Position/Parking Lights ON - DRLs dimmed

3. Headlights ON - DRLs dimmed

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:24 am

Nice mate!

So they actually change brightness based on your headlights? :O
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:31 am

Metalstrix wrote:Nice mate! So they actually change brightness based on your headlights? :O

Thanks. I like them.

Yeah, they do. They were pretty dim at night, as they should be, when I only got the exterior harness working last week.
Today, with the interior harness installed, they're brighter without any lights turned on and noticeably dim when the headlights are turned on.

The photos don't really do it justice. It definitely makes the car more obvious to the eye. Not in the same league as angel eyes but I think it's still worthwhile for added style and safety.

Adamacaus
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Adamacaus » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:02 pm

dannyboi wrote:The photos dont really do it justice. It definitely makes the car more obvious to the eye. Not in the same league as angel eyes but I think its still worthwhile for added style and safety.

Good job. To capture the brightness you need to take photos from further away (see my earlier post). Definitely a good safety addition to alert oncoming drivers of your presence. I've caught sight of my car in shop windows at night and the DRLs are also surprisingly bright in their dimmed mode.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:35 pm

They look nice but could be brighter the price they retail at

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:55 am

Yeah, I got it for under $350 with the 20% eBay discount; original price was around $430 delivered.

Yes, admittedly it's not as bright as other OEM lights but I still like it. It should do it's job, going off on the reflection off other objects during bright daylight yesterday.

It's a nice unique addition, especially in my area. DRLs are only on about 1 out of 30 cars around here, and most of the time it's a Merc, Audi, Honda Civic Hatch, Toyota RAV-4 or Hyundai i30.

peternguyen
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Re: DRL from NSV by dealer install??

Postby peternguyen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 am

Does anyone else have these DRLs installed? Do they all have a yellow temperature to it or is it possible that they have updated the LEDs to be more white? The photos and comments in this thread seems to suggest that the light is more of a yellow colour, but in the instructional video posted here, they look white.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: DRL from NSV by dealer install??

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:48 am

I still prefer the ones I found on eBay, perfect if you want to keep your fog lights!

Just as bright even if they are a little shorter with just 4 LEDs per side, best part is like the factory ones they dim when the head lights come on so they are always on when the car is running.

Oh and they cost less than half compared to the factory ones!
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Exterior”