***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Advice on Parts and stuff.

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Azza_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Advice on Parts and stuff.

Postby Azza_07 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:16 pm

I recently brought myself a 2009 Lancer ES CJ MY09 and the owner before me had taken off the mud guards and also have shredded the "Inner Wheel Well Liners' on both side of the front 2 wheels.

Does anyone know where i can get these from in Australia as ive searched the net but could only find US ones and the postage from there is around $150 or they didn't ship here, I searched ebay and got the same result. I really need these Wheel Well liners..

I also am looking at a front bumper for my car, currently it is fiberglass and I've heard that it cracks easy and i have already chipped the bottom of the lip. (Is this correct)

What is better Fiberglass or Plastic in a bumper.

I've been looking at bodykitskingdom for this
http://www.bodykitskingdom.co.uk/magent ... ancer.html

and Mars Performance
http://marsperformance.com.au/Evolution ... edan-07-13

Which is the better company to go through? Can i please get some input on these guys.

down the track after i get these i plan on putting Projector Lights / DRL in it as well as smoked tail lights with LED lights :).

The RIMS will going i'm not really liking them. Input on what rims would look good is encouraged please :)

I would appropriate any feedback please.

My Car
Last edited by Azza_07 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:39 pm

I'd go for the mars as I've heard good things and to my understanding PU is a better material then the PP, and for the inner guards ur best bet is a wreckers if U want cheap ones
Boost life scrambles the brain

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Fibreglass is illegal Aron. All the best stuff is in Fibreglass! It's painful.

Mars Performance is more trusted than Body Kits Kingdom. But you should always go for PP.

If you need more info on tail lights and front lights, just hit the link in my signature :)
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Azza_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Azza_07 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:45 pm

shadow-vex wrote:Id go for the mars as Ive heard good things and to my understanding PU is a better material then the PP, and for the inner guards ur best bet is a wreckers if U want cheap ones

Thanks for the input. I was going to see my local wrecker if they had any but the owner is apparently a d'head, and currently not sure about anyone else close but thanks :).

Mars bumper is Poly-Propylene. That's still good right?

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Azza_07 wrote:[quote:9749e2377e=shadow-vex]Id go for the mars as Ive heard good things and to my understanding PU is a better material then the PP, and for the inner guards ur best bet is a wreckers if U want cheap ones[/quote:9749e2377e] Thanks for the input. I was going to see my local wrecker if they had any but the owner is apparently a dhead, and currently not sure about anyone else close but thanks :). Mars bumper is Poly-Propylene. Thats still good right?

I've been reading other forums and they all say that PP is the best option.

Azza_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Azza_07 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Metalstrix wrote:Fibreglass is illegal Aron. All the best stuff is in Fibreglass! Its painful. Mars Performance is more trusted than Body Kits Kingdom. But you should always go for PP. If you need more info on tail lights and front lights, just hit the link in my signature :)

Yeah that is why im getting rid of the bumper, the owner didnt tell me and apparently when they got it the dealer installed it for them. =/

Thanks

I was just reading your thread lol. It was quite helpful :)

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Cheers mate :).

Here's a small PP vs PU thread

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14874

Azza_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Azza_07 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Metalstrix wrote:Cheers mate :). Heres a small PP vs PU thread http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14874

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azza_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Azza_07 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks for the input guys.

----------------------------

I got an email from Mars Performance today and got a quote for the postage cost to my address and its going to cost me $200 due to them being in Vic and me in NSW and the size of it.

So the bumper in total is going to be around $799. ($599 bumper and $200 postage)
ts going to probably cost me around $200 to get it installed and painted.

Is this a good price? around $1000 total for a bumper.

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:44 pm

I dont recommend going to talon or bodykitskingdom. People at talon are...well I cant say it on here. I got my front bar from BKK and the fitment isnt the greatest!!

I have heard mars performance products are really good. ..it will be worth spending extra $$$ to have something look great and last

yeh...fibreglass cracks. Id recommend plastic for the front bumper at least...as you are more LIKELY to scrape that
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Azza_07 wrote:Thanks for the input guys. ---------------------------- I got an email from Mars Performance today and got a quote for the postage cost to my address and its going to cost me $200 due to them being in Vic and me in NSW and the size of it. So the bumper in total is going to be around $799. ($599 bumper and $200 postage) ts going to probably cost me around $200 to get it installed and painted. Is this a good price? around $1000 total for a bumper.

I could help you install the front bumper. But you have to get it painted first

Azza_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Azza_07 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Turbo_94 wrote:599 + 200 postage? Something is off there. I live in NSW also, it cost me 599 + 80 postage. Im guessing its because youre not in a metro area but double check just to be safe, that extra 120 could go towards painting and fitting.

I emailed Mars and that's what they quoted,and yeah i believe it is cause i'm not in meto.

Return to “Exterior”