***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Rear Diffuser clarification

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Rear Diffuser clarification

Postby Metalstrix » Tue May 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Hey guys.

As a next mod, I'm going to get this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130897012762 ... 1423.l2649

The link above is actually from America. The reason why I'm getting it from over there is because this product ends up being cheaper than getting it from Bodykitskingdom. It's still + $100 to post it though ><.

But the fact it's from America, will this actually fit my vehicle?

If anyone can find this cheaper somewhere else post down :). Cheers
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Tue May 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Tomo Have you confirmed with this seller if they deliver to Australia as I noticed it says " May not ship to Australia "

This is the same diffuser I got from Bodykits Kingdom !
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 pm

DORA_ANNE wrote:Tomo Have you confirmed with this seller if they deliver to Australia as I noticed it says May not ship to Australia This is the same diffuser I got from Bodykits Kingdom !

Yeah i've confirmed with them that they can post to NSW :)

How does installation work for this btw?

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Tue May 07, 2013 9:06 pm

That's good then Tomo :) Re-Fitting - I had mine fitted with a body shop & I wasn't really happy with the fit " Iam not blaming the body shop " As I found the diffuser wasn't really made to actually fit snug around the curves of the lancer so It would of been a hard task to fit it properly ! Apart from that I still like it with the dual exhaust :P

NB - Chris " CammoOO " Installed his himself & he actually took the whole bumper off to fit the diffuser , Chris will be happy to give you some tips if you are going to fit it yourself !

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue May 07, 2013 9:23 pm

DORA_ANNE wrote:Thats good then Tomo :) Re-Fitting - I had mine fitted with a body shop & I wasnt really happy with the fit Iam not blaming the body shop As I found the diffuser wasnt really made to actually fit snug around the curves of the lancer so It would of been a hard task to fit it properly ! Apart from that I still like it with the dual exhaust :P NB - Chris CammoOO Installed his himself & he actually took the whole bumper off to fit the diffuser , Chris will be happy to give you some tips if you are going to fit it yourself !

That's a bit concerning. Is it that bad?

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Tue May 07, 2013 9:42 pm

No not that bad Tomo , I have a couple of little gaps I am not happy with although the body shop said I could bring it back for them to have a look at I just haven't had time as it's a fair drive from me , A few members had asked me how the fitment went & TBH I recommended to get the whole rear bumper but then again I know going that way is heaps dearer ... Iam not trying to turn you against getting one just saying my experience , Maybe talk to Chris to see how his fitment went ?

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue May 07, 2013 9:59 pm

DORA_ANNE wrote:No not that bad Tomo , I have a couple of little gaps I am not happy with although the body shop said I could bring it back for them to have a look at I just havent had time as its a fair drive from me , A few members had asked me how the fitment went & TBH I recommended to get the whole rear bumper but then again I know going that way is heaps dearer ... Iam not trying to turn you against getting one just saying my experience , Maybe talk to Chris to see how his fitment went ?

Yeah I shall. I'm definitely going to buy it. I'm sure there's a way around it. It just looks so awesome. It completely changes the rear look of the car. And...Because of this diffuser I want to buy a double exhaust xD.

Hey, you're a central coastian xD. I'm down in Bondi. You should come down to the next NSW event so I can have a look at your diffuser :)

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue May 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Why would it not fit because its American? :?

That shipping seems really low though, they might be sending it in 2 pieces?

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue May 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Dire wrote:Why would it not fit because its American? :? That shipping seems really low though, they might be sending it in 2 pieces?

I thought I would ask because, if you buy angel lights from america, their lights face right where ours needs to face left. The consequences of that is blinding the other person on the other side.

So... I just needed to know if diffusers are any different. They're not obviously, but of course I like to clarify before buying things.

About the 2 pieces, I don't know about that. I have to message the seller. thanks for the tip

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed May 08, 2013 12:42 pm

As long as your car is a sedan and your exhaust isn't in the way (and theres nothing wrong with the diffusor) you should be fine :)

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Wed May 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Dire wrote:As long as your car is a sedan and your exhaust isnt in the way (and theres nothing wrong with the diffusor) you should be fine :)

Cheers buddy :). Btw, they got back to me saying that they will send the diffuser as 1 piece.

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Wed May 08, 2013 4:22 pm

I would cut away the side and top part of it and just leave the actual "diffuser" part to put on the car. The sides just add extra bulk to the bumper which is already quite big.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Wed May 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Seal Cub wrote:I would cut away the side and top part of it and just leave the actual diffuser part to put on the car. The sides just add extra bulk to the bumper which is already quite big.

Lol, I like the bulky sides of the bumper. THat's why I want it xD. Can't wait to get it.

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:27 pm

These are like the bodykit kingdoms ra rear lip that I have. There not made to have a snug fit and your better off diy.

Tips: Remove the bumper and place the diff user on the bumper and line it up where is meant to be and then use masking tape and go along the top of the difference . (This will give you the idea where to place the uafan glue).

Next remove the diffuser and then get yiur uafan gun and go along the bottom part of the tape. (Beware once it drys theres no going back).

P.s: put some uafan glue where the exhaust hole are between the diffuser and bumper and also some in the middle

Once the uafan glue is on put on the diffuser and start cleaning the glue that comes out that is seeable. Dont take too long cause you need to get to the next steps before it drys.

Next step put the bumper on the car with the diffuser on it and clip it in under the tail lights and put the 2 10mm screws In where the mud flaps use to be. And the clips underneath.

Next: you will see you have gaps between the diffuser and bumper.( mostly on the sides and along under the number plate.
To fix this, get some littke peices of wood and cut it to size that It will fit between the chassie and the inside of the bumper (make sure that it presses hard against the inside of the bumper that it presses the bumper hard against the diffuser) if it doesnt you need to make the wood peices longer to press hard.

Note: might be better ti leave the underneath plastic clip out while doing the above step. ( cant remeber if I left them out or had them out.

Place as many peices of wood as it takes till all the gaps are gone. And let the usfan glue set completely.

( press against the diffuser and hold it against the bumper for 7 mins if need too if some gaps dont go away).

Leave if for 4-5 hr and then remove the peices of wood.( if gaps come back while removing wood peices the glue isnt dry so re-put in the wood peices in again till no gaps and let it dry). If its dryed and gaps dont reappear then re insert the plactic clips underneath if not have already been done.

Done. Thats how to get a good fit with no gaps between the bumper and diffuser.

Remember.. patients and let it dry completly you will get a better result.

Will try posting pictures up soon of while I was f I tting mine.
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:13 am

[img]1c3b99fba4]http://imageshack.us/a/img141/4696/dscf6243.jpg[/img] Image Image
[img]1c3b99fba4]http://imageshack.us/a/img221/7526/dscf6248t.jpg[/img]
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

Return to “Exterior”