***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Opinions - Colour Coded Fog Light Rings

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Opinions - Colour Coded Fog Light Rings

Postby DTGriff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 am

Hey Chaps!

As the title suggests... Yay or Nay?

Saw a video on Youtube of a bunch of Evo's with colour coded fog light bulbs as well, Might try and find an Extra White bulb :)

So yea, the options are:

1. White Rings
2. Chrome Rings
3. Black Standard Rings

Cheers peoples!
Sportback... because everything sexy needs an ass!

Mod Thread: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12562\

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:16 am

Haha knew someone was going to pick a colour not on the list :P.

I was thinking red but I don't know. I like the sound of white but would it be over kill?

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:29 am

Chrome !!!!! White is yuk and dull , black is boring ;)
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 am

How can White be dull? Lol it's a bright shade you prune :P

Yea I've got chrome now, could possible keep them chrome or spray them Lol.

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:37 am

Haha very nice idea Erin!

Might give it a go this weekend, along with my calipers and my home made air intake :)

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:37 am

DTGriff wrote:How can White be dull? Lol its a bright shade you prune :P Yea Ive got chrome now, could possible keep them chrome or spray them Lol.
what I mean lol is personally I think it will be too white and not shiny enough to look pretty lol ;D

TrojanHorse wrote:Lol... Cause Marks not biased at all! ;) Look at it this way: get chrome ones, plastidip in white (always lightest color first) if you dont like that either peel off and respray or just spray over the top with red, see how that is, then can always try black if u dont like either of them and if you decide you like chrome best, peel off the plastidip back to chrome :D
no Erin not at all biased .... Now why would u think that lmao , ^ agreed plasti dip them then u can peel it off
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 am

[quote="SIX420"][quote:456a675f9c=DTGriff]How can White be dull? Lol its a bright shade you prune :P Yea Ive got chrome now, could possible keep them chrome or spray them Lol.[/quote:456a675f9c] what I mean lol is personally I think it will be too white and not shiny enough to look pretty lol ;D

Yea that's exactly what I thought, it might look abit washed out :/

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 am

A few members on here have done the white thing a few years ago but they had blue cars. Ryan-hoges and peter-kinesis. Maybe check out their mod thread or garage.
You could also Photoshop white foggies onto your car to get an idea.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 am

TrojanHorse wrote:[quote:e99e25a0e2=DTGriff]How can White be dull? Lol its a bright shade you prune :P [/quote:e99e25a0e2] Lmao...this made me literally lol! Thats such a british thing to say..(my Dad says it!...:lol: ) Nah white and chrome are actually pretty similar. Like Ive got white bits where my chrome has come off on my chrome grill surround but you cant see it when you stand black, blends in. I think its because like displayed colours are just the absorption and reflection of different colours of the spectrum of light IE: You get white because its the reflection of all the those colours in the spectrum (hence why its not actually a colour and why black isnt either cause its the absorption of all the spectrum) and chrome reflects everything else too. My point is: I dont think you will see too dramatic a difference either way between chrome and white because of those properties. Like, you will be able to see if its chrome or white but I dont think it will look washed out because of the similar properties of the colours. Up to which you prefer is all.

Jesus Erin, I asked for an opinion, not a scientific explanation LMAO! You make me cry with laugher :P

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 am

DTGriff wrote:[quote:916b29a09b=TrojanHorse][quote:e99e25a0e2=DTGriff]How can White be dull? Lol its a bright shade you prune :P [/quote:e99e25a0e2] Lmao...this made me literally lol! Thats such a british thing to say..(my Dad says it!...:lol: ) Nah white and chrome are actually pretty similar. Like Ive got white bits where my chrome has come off on my chrome grill surround but you cant see it when you stand black, blends in. I think its because like displayed colours are just the absorption and reflection of different colours of the spectrum of light IE: You get white because its the reflection of all the those colours in the spectrum (hence why its not actually a colour and why black isnt either cause its the absorption of all the spectrum) and chrome reflects everything else too. My point is: I dont think you will see too dramatic a difference either way between chrome and white because of those properties. Like, you will be able to see if its chrome or white but I dont think it will look washed out because of the similar properties of the colours. Up to which you prefer is all.[/quote:916b29a09b] Jesus Erin, I asked for an opinion, not a scientific explanation LMAO! You make me cry with laugher :P
Dave it has a name .... Specific Erin lol
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:44 am

SIX420 wrote:[quote:1a4642c823=DTGriff][quote:916b29a09b=TrojanHorse][quote:e99e25a0e2=DTGriff]How can White be dull? Lol its a bright shade you prune :P [/quote:e99e25a0e2] Lmao...this made me literally lol! Thats such a british thing to say..(my Dad says it!...:lol: ) Nah white and chrome are actually pretty similar. Like Ive got white bits where my chrome has come off on my chrome grill surround but you cant see it when you stand black, blends in. I think its because like displayed colours are just the absorption and reflection of different colours of the spectrum of light IE: You get white because its the reflection of all the those colours in the spectrum (hence why its not actually a colour and why black isnt either cause its the absorption of all the spectrum) and chrome reflects everything else too. My point is: I dont think you will see too dramatic a difference either way between chrome and white because of those properties. Like, you will be able to see if its chrome or white but I dont think it will look washed out because of the similar properties of the colours. Up to which you prefer is all.[/quote:916b29a09b] Jesus Erin, I asked for an opinion, not a scientific explanation LMAO! You make me cry with laugher :P[/quote:1a4642c823] Dave it has a name .... Specific Erin lol

HAHA! Erin please change your name on your profile to Specific Erin :) Pllzzzzzzzz

Return to “Exterior”