***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

copy of Accolade's Rear lip/diffuser - Bodykits Kingdom

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

RAwannabe
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby RAwannabe » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:56 pm

mattywired wrote:Andrew: i was going to get mine from carmate. Are they worth the price?

hey matt, i will NEVER go back there again, mainly because the owner Simon is a typical sales guy, only wants to sell sell sell and don't give a fk about the fitment after, he kept trying to sell me the fibergrass kit when I already told him I am only after the plastic one, then I want him to relocate the reverse sensor(willing to pay extra) to a higher location so we don't need to cut the rear lip to fit them, he said no and end up had to cut my original bar to refit the sensor in, now my original bar has bigger holes there, I can never take the rear lip off. after they fit it in their workshop I had to take it off and refit it myself, then glue it properly and use sikaflex to fill the gaps, puff and polish.
I would rather get it from Paul in bodykitskingdom, it's around $60 cheaper there too, that's include shipping. I only did it in Carmate because i needed it aSAP for a photo shoot for xforce exhaust.

Edmi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Edmi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Ok thanks for the advice Andrew :) i took it straight to DT Panels who have done plenty of this type of stuff before and i trust them 100% to do the best job possible. But i will defiantly tell them about it.

Edmi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Edmi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 pm

I actually originally ordered mine from Car mate too. I cancelled the order though as i found out it was fiberglass instead of plastic, $100 more then body kits kingdom, no return policy and their bad customer service.

That sucks about the really poor fitment and sloppy job Andrew i would have not been happy with that service.

Hows the Xforce going?
Im about to order one :) any pics or the rear lip and the xforce dual exhaust

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 pm

So does this rear lip/skirt fit with the XForce dual exhaust tip location?

Edmi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Edmi » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeh it does :) RAwannabe's got the exact same lip with the xforce axle-back dual exhaust. I'm also going to be getting the same one after i get this rear lip installed hopefully on Wednesday!

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Sweet, thanks mate. I just put the xforce on yesterday.

Edmi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Edmi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:06 pm

So i went down to DT panels today to get the lip installed. They did an amazing job with the painting.

However then when we went to install it we noticed that the rear lip rubs on my exhaust tip *facepalm*

So now i have to get the exhaust end bent down or changed so it will fit. I am so annoyed but i guess that's the risk u take with this type of stuff.

I Will put up some pics when i trail fit it to the car tonight/tomorrow

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Damn that sucks man. So how much did it cost all together for the lip+painting etc?

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:26 pm

I will measure the gap between stock bumper and top of the xforce tips mate.

RAwannabe
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby RAwannabe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:31 pm

drill small hole and use ziptide to tide it onto the original bar, it will pull the end bit up a little so it wouldn't touch it, or you can ask the panel guys to push your lip up when they install it as high as they can. I used ziptide, can't tell at all.

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:47 pm

The gap between the top of the factory cutout and the top of the tip is 50mm.

Edmi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Edmi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:15 pm

chunky9 wrote:Damn that sucks man. So how much did it cost all together for the lip+painting etc?

So far Kevin its been $250for lip + $90 shipping + 350 for painting and $50 for install which has not been completed yet.

RAwannabe wrote:drill small hole and use ziptide to tide it onto the original bar, it will pull the end bit up a little so it wouldnt touch it, or you can ask the panel guys to push your lip up when they install it as high as they can. I used ziptide, cant tell at all.

Oh yeh i forgot to tell them Andrew. i will defiantly look into that before i start messing with the exhaust. So where did u drill the holes in the bumper and the lip?

Bags wrote:The gap between the top of the factory cutout and the top of the tip is 50mm.

Thanks again Ben

RAwannabe
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby RAwannabe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:44 pm

drill near the edge but not too close or it wouldn't have enough strength to hold up, find a few wider zip tide, then balance both sides.

Edmi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Edmi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Ok thanks :) so I have to drill above where the exhaust comes out and cable tie from there

Edmi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Edmi » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Here's some pics of the lip being held on and it shows the problem i currently have with the exhaust tip touching the lip.

It also shows how the center part of the bumper is not completely straight

What do u guys think of it?

Return to “Exterior”