***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Exhaust diffuser question

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

stirjo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Exhaust diffuser question

Postby stirjo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:46 am

hey

Idk if this is a exhaust question, but bought a Xforce dual exhaust muffler, itll look kick ass, but what i didnt know was what rear bumper will fit it, because i know ive got a slit in mine on the right of the bumper to allow for the stock exhaust, but do i need to get a evo style bumber so that both exhausts fits? And is there like a standard distance between dual exhausts that fit in the evo diffuser??

Cheers

i was thinking bodykitskingdom, yeah?

empror
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby empror » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:06 am

I'm going to be purchasing the same exhaust in the near future, so I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully some other people can post their experience/opinions, but these are the options I'm looking at:

- EVO X Style Rear Bumper from Bodykit Kingdom

- Rear Diffuser from Talon
this rear diffuser fits the twin tip exhaust, and I'm not entirely sure, but i have a feeling you may need to alter the existing bumper to fit it, you'll have to search this forum and just the web in general for that answer, I've found a lot of conflicting opinions, one being from Talon themselves in email form.

- If you're looking at a cheaper option, you can get that same groove shaved into the bumper on the other side by a panel beater or someone similar, and throw on the oem rear diffuser from mitsubishiparts.net, which will just smack on in between the tips, no alteration to the bumper required as far as I'm aware.

Hope this helps, keep me posted with what you end up doing :)

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:22 pm

What is with these xforce exhuasts???

hmm anyway yeah Dave is correct with the XDC, the talon rear bar should fit but I do believe it would need to be modified on the left outlet because the talon has a fake exhaust tip on the left which has mounting gear in the way preventing a real tip to protrude.

empror
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby empror » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:24 pm

damn. i thought the evo x style would fit :( i'm genuinely disappointed.

empror
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby empror » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:32 pm

what is the difference between the talon and the xdc? on the talon site they have a talon rear diffuser and an xdc one, but both are the same product code mit-117..

palimak1
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby palimak1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 pm

It says on the website that it fits the stock bumper.. I'm also looking at buying this exhaust in the next couple of weeks so if this isn't the case I'd like to know. I will be buying the talon rear lip when I can afford it in the future but I'd prefer to get the exhaust first.

mcmusc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mcmusc » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:19 pm

ok guys, i have the talon rear diffuser :

ImageImage

Due to the nature of this product, there are no EXACT measurements to it as it is fibreglass which when the mould is not perfect, may distort a touch. im lucky as mine was near perfect.

No cutting is done to the original bumper, this is practically 'stuck on' to the existing bumper, just adding screws and some glue to keep it stable. The exhaust must be done, or sometimes altered so that it fits perfectly through the holes. If the is not done, and you simply have a generic one, the exhaust will rub and the fibre glass will crack/break off.

With my talon diffuser, the maximum tip possible is 3". so my advice is, if you dont want to pay for the exhaust twice, wait till you have the diffuser, and go to a place that will fit it and do the exhaust, otherwise they will have to fit the diffuser and take off your muffler then drive around to an exhaust place with no muffler.

i went with straight pipes, leaving the stock cat and res so its not so loud, this will save a lot of money on two mufflers, and not so much mucking around with getting proper dimensions for the flanges and so on.

This is mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UheICpWX ... gshdChPIA=

stirjo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby stirjo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:38 pm

alright thanks boys and girls, ill look into the talon coz my xforce comes this week. :) Ill keep you posted

drift_kid
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby drift_kid » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm

hey mate! how did you go with talon? i just did an enquiry and it'll cost me $337+gst to post to melbourne. also how much did you get your xforce for? so indecisive on whether i should get it or not or go with the cheaper option of getting the OEM diffuser and getting a panel beater to make a groove on the other side =/

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 pm

How much is the OEM diffuser?

stirjo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby stirjo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:28 pm

alright koh,

Yeah, the exhaust is sittin in my lounge right now coz im waiting for the talon diffuser, but once its on, ill take some photos, also, the diffuser you have to get painted so it might be more then $330 :)

monty888
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby monty888 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:28 pm

looks and sounds nice matthew.

i've had my talon diffuser for ages and haven't gotten my dual exhaust done yet.

I almost had my ralliart oem exhaust installed and modified to fit but was required to hit the panel beater first to make the grove on the left hand side.

i've noticed a bit of a rattle now, might get the panel beater to add some more glue and check the screws for me when i get this done.

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:38 am

How much was the XForce exhaust?

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:51 am

Mine as $500 fitted

Return to “Exterior”