***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Perrin "shorty" antennas - opinons, experience?

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:00 pm

For those that have already asked via PM:

These come in 2 possibly 3 different lengths, 2" & 3" - not sure about 4" (i know they do it for the older Evo models).
The model for the 2" is BDY-PEP-110 and 3" is BDY-PEP-115. I'll enquire about the existance of a 4".

I've already fired off an email to ROTA Australia letting them know the interest that's been drummed up and see if they're can offer a discount if a group buy eventuates.

What I paid? $34.95 + $10 via TNT courier.

The Perrin manufacturer website in the US is http://www.perrinperformance.com/
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Pete. did you deal with a guy called Sam? if not, you should ask for him, i went through him with my wheels and service is 150%, he is just great to deal with. (just drop my name in there (Ben) and yeah should help you out there)

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:46 pm

I asked about per unit price if we were to buy 5 and if we were to buy 10. I got a response from them this evening here's the important bits of the response:
"We have both 2 and 4 inch in stock ……….. they prove to be most popular.

A group buy would be fantastic, unfortunately due to the low price of the item there isn’t a massive room for manoeuvre , so it would be more like free delivery on 5 + ???'

I think maybe pushing back on them to get the per unit price down a bit and have them all shipped to one person for $10 and re-distribute either in person or re-mail to the final receipient via Aust Post padded satchels for a few bucks on top.

bd-850 wrote:Pete. did you deal with a guy called Sam? if not, you should ask for him, i went through him with my wheels and service is 150%, he is just great to deal with. (just drop my name in there (Ben) and yeah should help you out there)

Nah, I've been dealing with a guy called John. Being that you have some raport with Sam, did you want to fire off an initial email and see if he can manouver on the price a bit more.

ImageImage

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Let's see what Ben can work out with Sam, possibly... has the making of a bigger-than-ten GB for sure, don't you think?!

Panther4B11
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Panther4B11 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:15 pm

I would be in for one of these.. they look great.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:17 pm

I will add this to the list of items in the poll for next month's group buy.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Maybe we could do it before the poll, it takes a long time that way... No offence intended, but it sounds like we might not actually get much better than their rock-bottom price, by the sounds... so waiting for a few more may not achieve massively bigger savings.

I'd rather the GBs save us big money on capital purchases, like suspension parts, body kit pieces or heavy items from OS.

Just my 2c

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Ofey, I thought you were flat-out enough with all that you do for this club.
"O Well" evidently not.

Cheers: Sam

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:58 pm

tryg wrote:Maybe we could do it before the poll, it takes a long time that way... No offence intended, but it sounds like we might not actually get much better than their rock-bottom price, by the sounds... so waiting for a few more may not achieve massively bigger savings.

I'd rather the GBs save us big money on capital purchases, like suspension parts, body kit pieces or heavy items from OS.

Just my 2c

Whilst I agree that the GBs are great for leveraging large savings on higher value items and whilst I also agree that the price savings per unit might only be up to $10 per unit. The GB polling system is still the best way for all members to participate via the high visilbility of the GB system. I'm sure most people have not even looked at this thread. :)

Or have a mini-GB with out the vote but handled in the GB fourm but authorised co-ordinators. :)

Just my 2c + GST worth. :P

ImageImage

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Ok, if you guys are waiting for a GB, I will go it alone... this is a small amount of money, I just don't think its worth waiting a month or more for...

Good luck, I really love the look and think I will get one directly.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 pm

tryg wrote:Ok, if you guys are waiting for a GB, I will go it alone... this is a small amount of money, I just don't think its worth waiting a month or more for...

Good luck, I really love the look and think I will get one directly.

I already got one. nyah nyah! :P

ImageImage

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:37 pm

yep i agree with you tryg for a $40 mod its not really worth waiting a month to save 5 bucks. i think i'll just grab one when i get paid next
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 pm

@VRX Pete, then why the big song and dance... heavens its like what a family spends on a Pizza and video night...

I am with Arutha, I hope that people participate in better GBs, giving me premium savings on expensive items.. Doubt we'd get $10 off Arutha!!!

If you do, rejoice and buy yourself something nice with the savings, like 8 litres of petrol !!

I was just going to jump on the band wagon now.. cause it looked like it had momentum...

I just keep looking at it, and the Perrin really finishes off that area better than OEM.. Are you listening Mitsubishi !?!?!?

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:43 pm

For those that want to go it alone.

You can try contacting sales@rotaaustralia.com or sales@rotaaustralia.com.au - HOWEVER, they've had server issues earlier in the week so you might get a bounce/fail message.

If so, contact Sam or John via Parts@cartel-online.co.uk - they're both quite active in the ozMPS forums and are sponsors.

Edit: I should add, that Rota Australia and Cartel are one and the same.
Last edited by The X on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:50 pm

tryg wrote:@VRX Pete, then why the big song and dance... heavens its like what a family spends on a Pizza and video night...
Didn't meant to antagonise you, gee... Sounds like you're having a rough week. :) I was just having a bit of fun.
But moving right along, I agree with you that the GB is not going to realise a large $$ saving, as I said in my previous post. :)

ImageImage

Return to “Exterior”