***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Rhino Lip - anyone tried it?

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Sammy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sammy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:32 pm

checked bunnings, masters and clark rubber here in victoria but none of them carried rubber weather stripping in the right shape to mimmic the ez lip/rhino lip, if anyone knows where you can buy some i would be happy to hear about it
2010 2.4L lancer aspire

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:08 pm

@kevin: - it would be pretty hard to make an RA look bad, but I'm sure someone will manage!

@sam: - I've emailed the Rhino people and they're gonna send me a 'sample about the size of an envelope' whatever that means so I can try it on mine - happy to send on to you afterwards so you can try on the XRX-style pods...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Sammy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sammy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Thanks mate that would actually be awesome, only if it won't cost you though, don't want to leave you out of pocket or anything

2010 2.4L lancer aspire

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Oh, ok I'll send you an invoice for the stamp...!

:-)
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Can't get a lip/splitter to suit mine... only for pre-2012!
I am confused, how is your bumper any different to the original bumper?

All the 'standard' bumpers (ie not RA/evo) have small ridges similar in shape to the pods but smaller. The pods then mount over the top of them if they have them/you get some.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:14 pm

@jake - yep, but I don't want the type that goes 'over' the bumper - the ones I've seen so far sit over the bottom of the grille centre section - what I'm after is one that sits under the front bumper without covering anything, so Rhino lip seems to be the only way to do it... And there's a bit of variance in the bottom of the front bumper/dam in different year models of the ES

Cheers!

Return to “Exterior”