***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Metalstrix's Full LED strip-Double Halo-Projector Headlights

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:16 am

I wont lie, when I read "Meatstix Full Strip" I wasn't going to go into this thread ;)

Is this a spare set of headlights? should look sweet if you can pull it off, and if the Inverters are attached to the headlight casing, I am sure most cops wont notice they aren't legal, assuming it has projectors.

Catty32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Catty32 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:36 am

Tomo i contacted the retrosourcefit store but they are no longer stocking CCFL inverters and rings, they now stock Morimoto XB angel eyes which are led's so you no longer need to use inverters.

I sent a message to Mia at Morimoto this morning asking about stockist if you want i could let you know what the say?

Dont get me wrong the chinese inverters will work Ive just had a few bad one's, but depending on how the wire them up it might be a pain in the arse to switch them if the die. mine are easy i can switch them by opening the waterproof cap.

You can fit the inverters inside the headlight housing so you should be all good.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:12 am

Catty32 wrote:Tomo i contacted the retrosourcefit store but they are no longer stocking CCFL inverters and rings, they now stock Morimoto XB angel eyes which are leds so you no longer need to use inverters. I sent a message to Mia at Morimoto this morning asking about stockist if you want i could let you know what the say? Dont get me wrong the chinese inverters will work Ive just had a few bad ones, but depending on how the wire them up it might be a pain in the arse to switch them if the die. mine are easy i can switch them by opening the waterproof cap. You can fit the inverters inside the headlight housing so you should be all good.

Thanks for helping me out :D.

Well by looking at the pictures I provided, I don't think I can switch them from the water cap lid. I don't think I would have a hand by the end of it.

The rings that you spoke about, are they the ones on your profile picture?

And I'm also trying to get the LED strip to go brighter as well. The manufacturer told me that the inverter makes the LED strip go brighter.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Catty32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

CCFL

Postby Catty32 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:41 am

Tomo i'm running CCFL's with inverters...the new Morimoto XB angeleyes have there advantages over CCFL's, but they where not the look i was after.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Catty32 wrote:Tomo im running CCFLs with inverters...the new Morimoto XB angeleyes have there advantages over CCFLs, but they where not the look i was after.

Yeah. I think getting those rings from Retrosourcefit might be a good idea. It's annoying when you have angel eyes that are not bright during the day.
I'll talk to Concord Customs about it.

The look I'm after is the BMW Halo brightness where it's that noticeable from a distance.

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Tom...You must dream about Halo's and LED headlights every night dude...you are completely obsessed with them lol... I love people with obsessions. They get the job done lol. BTW...im sending mine down to ya haha

Catty32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Catty32 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:08 pm

The new SMD Morimoto XB angel eyes do have there advantages..no inverters are required and they are a lot stronger and brighter then CCFL's the only downside is they are yellow when switched off.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 pm

evil.ralliart wrote:Tom...You must dream about Halos and LED headlights every night dude...you are completely obsessed with them lol... I love people with obsessions. They get the job done lol. BTW...im sending mine down to ya haha

Lol shoosh you. At least i will end up with the most unique (and brightest) projector headlights.

Catty32 wrote:The new SMD Morimoto XB angel eyes do have there advantages..no inverters are required and they are a lot stronger and brighter then CCFLs the only downside is they are yellow when switched off.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead with them. But I'll speak to Concord Customs first.

Catty32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Catty32 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Before you do anything let me know what they say, I might be able to help you out.

pana161
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby pana161 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:23 pm

They're so bright. That's what i love about them.

Catty32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Catty32 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Matt the white one in the picture are actually orange when on and the yellow's are white.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:02 pm

Catty32 wrote:Matt the white one in the picture are actually orange when on and the yellows are white.

So which one is the proper link?

Catty32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Catty32 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:46 pm

The link is correct...when you click on the link the main pic shows a yellow ring and a white ring, the yellow ring becomes white when switched on and the white becomes Amber, you can see this in the last pic in the link.. just pick what rings you want on the configuration tab and you'll be right.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Catty32 wrote:The link is correct...when you click on the link the main pic shows a yellow ring and a white ring, the yellow ring becomes white when switched on and the white becomes Amber, you can see this in the last pic in the link.. just pick what rings you want on the configuration tab and youll be right.

Ah I see. They're so bright according to those pictures. I think they're the ones I'm going after.

However, I'm concerned about the DRL strip because that Isn't very bright either and those LEDs can't be replaced. Perhaps I can install those Halo rings and the Inverter (for the DRL strip)?

Return to “Exterior”