bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Sat May 08, 2010 3:38 pm

wow those are some nice bride cugas :D

ananean
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ananean » Sun May 09, 2010 1:52 pm

I thought about the VRX seats but was quoted a ballpark of around $7k so that ain't about to happen anytime this lifetime.

I know what you mean tho. What makes one seat comfortable and another comfy is very hard to pin down, particularly when the discomfort factor only slips in after 3 or 4 hours.

I think I'll try to analyse why the seat becomes uncomfortable for me , what I think is the solution, more padding here, softer padding there etc and then go see a motor trimmer. with a more prescriptive requirement.

Thanx for the input tho.

ananean
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ananean » Tue May 11, 2010 5:20 pm

BTW, has anyone purchased the seat covers available via this site, MR936409 - Front = A$220.00? From the photos these seat covers appear to work with side air bags but I'm not sure Can anyone confirm that they'll work with seats fitted with airbags and give me an idea of what they do to driving comfort?

WillF
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby WillF » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:14 am

Has anyone looked at the owners manual regarding airbags? Holy shit it seems unless all your passengers are seated in a fully upright positions with hands empty and on laps your going to get damaged if a air bag goes off

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Airbags are dangerous, yes. However, you have to weight up the options. You may come out of an accident with a black eye from an airbag, but you will have YOUR LIFE. I know I'd rather a black eye than be dead.

If they don't go off correctly, get hindered by objects, occupant sitting too close etc they can be deadly even.

That is why modern cars have smart computers that assess the accident situation, if there is a passenger in the seat, seat location and speed of the vehicle before it deploys the airbag. In the CJ there are dual-stage airbags so they have 2 "strengths" they can deploy at.

If there is no passenger in the front passenger seat, that airbag will not deploy either, saving extra hassle with damage and possible injury of others.

Return to “Interior”