***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Rear roof lights

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:00 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:Blakey you are not correct ;) you can't hook it up to the door switches. The ETACS ECU turns the lights on and off, does not go via the door switches at all. The ETACS acts as a relay, recieveing a signal that a door is open, so it turns on the light.

--

Aspir3

Ok, if you pull out your map lights., there are 3 wires. Red, Yellow and Black.

Connect the Positive of your LED Lights to the Red and the Negative to the Yellow Wire.

They will now come on with the doors.

adrian if you read my whole post you will see i corrected my self. lol i just forgot to remove the first part

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:00 pm

If you wanted to have them switched seperately as well as come on with the doors it changes a bit.

Add a switch grounding out to the body, as shown here:

--

You can use whatever 12V light you wish.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:03 pm

aspir3 wrote:LOL, I just beat you to it. Do I have earth on swiches, so I can turn on individually? Does it matter if I use normal 12v light? I have not found a light yet?

if you want them to turn on individually via a switch then yes. go from your negative post of your lights throught the switch then to the frame/ earth it. but still have it connected for the door on bit.a dn it will come on when you turn the switch no matter what, i unless the ECU shuts off the power to the lights when the doors are close after a certain time.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:14 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:If you wanted to have them switched seperately as well as come on with the doors it changes a bit.

--

I was looking at your first drawing and on the rear room lamp, it has an inbuilt on/off switch. Is that an earth from the on switch or another connector to the yellow wire?

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:15 pm

if you want to make some LED Luxon(brightest LED available). lights i can let you know where to get them really cheap. they are about 20mmX20mm big circular or 10x10 square. and they are about 145Lumens for 1 LED. the 20x20 ones are 3led so they are over 400lumens in light. that enough to light up your car completely lol
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:18 pm

aspir3 wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:If you wanted to have them switched seperately as well as come on with the doors it changes a bit.

--

I was looking at your first drawing and on the rear room lamp, it has an inbuilt on/off switch. Is that an earth from the on switch or another connector to the yellow wire?

That second diagram replicates the other room light, switch and all. Wired the same as shown.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:21 pm

plus you can get any colour red blue white cool white warm white purple orange, they are $7USD for the single LED 145Lums 20x20 or like $4USD for 145Lums 10x10, plus a lens $2 then you wire and install it. so its cheap or if you go the 3LED 20x20 over 400Lums about $16USD plus lens still cheaper then buying any luxon LED's here. plus these are alot more brighter

only down side there dont have a way to fit them you would have to either make a flush fitment thing or buy one. or fit them as they are.

thats what they look like with the lens attached

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Blakey wrote:if you want to make some LED Luxon(brightest LED available). lights i can let you know where to get them really cheap. they are about 20mmX20mm big circular or 10x10 square. and they are about 145Lumens for 1 LED. the 20x20 ones are 3led so they are over 400lumens in light. that enough to light up your car completely lol

I have not worked out what light I am using. On the vs commodore they are about 3cm x 7cm. They have a grey plastic surround and a clear opaque lense. They have a On/Off door switch like room light. If they are the right colour I will probably get thoughs. I might see what Hella have and maybe Mitsubishi have them in another car?

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:26 pm

most places you wont really find ones that look OEM, unless you get like another car make ones.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Maybe this would be something to your liking?

http://nbfeixiang.manufacturer.globalso ... -Light.htm

Downside is...You have to order 1000 of them.

I guess you'll have one bright interior...
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:28 pm

aspir3 wrote:
Blakey wrote:if you want to make some LED Luxon(brightest LED available). lights i can let you know where to get them really cheap. they are about 20mmX20mm big circular or 10x10 square. and they are about 145Lumens for 1 LED. the 20x20 ones are 3led so they are over 400lumens in light. that enough to light up your car completely lol

I have not worked out what light I am using. On the vs commodore they are about 3cm x 7cm. They have a grey plastic surround and a clear opaque lense. They have a On/Off door switch like room light. If they are the right colour I will probably get thoughs. I might see what Hella have and maybe Mitsubishi have them in another car?

another way you could do it is get a light holder from another car and adapt a LED into it. the luxon LEDs i know of are 4mmx3mm big and are 145lumins smaller then a regular LED and blindingly bright

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Far out Blake, do you work for Luxeon or something?

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Lol pwn3d.

Anyway

I found another one, may not really look OEM but its a start with the LED's

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/White-Light-Car- ... 746wt_1165
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Good time to put that Dynamat in there anyways...

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:50 pm

tadz0rz wrote:Lol pwn3d.

Anyway

I found another one, may not really look OEM but its a start with the LED's

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/White-Light-Car- ... 746wt_1165

This looks okay, but 20 x 9.5 cm is to big for me..

Return to “Interior”