***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Where to get Carbon Fibre Material

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:19 am

cjay wrote:sorry to ask a really stupid question, but is it a fabric or a film wrap?
the site says fabric, but it looks like a film, like contact but without sticky stuff on the back.

the neffywrap one is a plasticy fabric not a film. if it was real CF it would be heaps dearer

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:59 am

but it would be too thick to allow the parts to be clicked back into place anyway.... The Neffywrap is all that you need... or you would have to buy replacement parts...

I have some real carbon fibre (both carbon and basalt) which I use to repair my bike fairings.

You must use epoxy resin. I doubt anyone here is in a position to make a high quality mould from their part. Using their part as a plug to create said mould... And you need a very high-quality mould to get a shiny gloss Carbon Fibre part... and even then it will have air bubbles in the surface. Why? Because it needs vacuum forming to take all those out as well...

So, unless you're willing to buy replacement parts, specifically made for the CJ Lancer from companies like RRM, Carbonworks or whoever etc... then forget about trying to wrap your parts in REAL CF... it will be a waste of money IMHO... (I am in a position to actually make this stuff, father is a boatbuilder and has the skills) but it's not commercially viable unless you can turn out big numbers.

I am going with Neffywrap.

Just my 2c

Return to “Interior”