Adding Automatic Down for all windows?

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Not that simple Blake....

All the window switching is done via the ETACS ECU... So unless you replace ALL the wiring associated with the windows, with different modules etc, it won't happen.

Then this falls under the "more trouble than it's worth" option in the original post.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Sounds like Adrian is soft.... :)
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:44 pm

well as only the front has the auto down. that would only be the problem wouldn't all the rest just be straight switches and not through the ECU?
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:51 pm

No, the ECU controls it all.

As different countries have different regulations regarding time the windows are allowed to be powered after engine shut off, dor openings etc, they change it all via the software...

And there is no feature in the software for Auto down on all windows, nor is there extra wiring for the second stage of the switch.

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cyssero » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:03 am

More than automatic down for all windows I'd love automatic wind up on lock! I check anyway but my mates old Audi does this, very neat feature. So many simple things that can make such a big difference (like courtesy lights staying on after you lock car, seen Fiesta's do it).

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:30 am

^^ Id have that feature on my car...Just gotta get the time to wire it up!! My aftermarket alarm has that feature xD
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:53 am

cyssero wrote:More than automatic down for all windows I'd love automatic wind up on lock! I check anyway but my mates old Audi does this, very neat feature. So many simple things that can make such a big difference (like courtesy lights staying on after you lock car, seen Fiesta's do it).

My EVO has the courtesy lights that stay on, but i would so love the auto up and down. My wife's SRI Turbo has auto up and down plus you can use the remote to put the windows down when unlocking and up when locking.
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 pm

I imagine the risk is more in the Auto Up feature... I always presumed every car had it after seeing it in older luxury cars but then when I got the Evo I was so surprised at this... I suppose it was out of safety but still.. grumble!

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Return to “Interior”