Scratches in my Window Tint

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: Scratches in my Window Tint

Postby The X » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:37 pm

BlueGirlO7 wrote:Hi all,
Just wondering how many other ppl have the same problem?

lots, do a search for "tints scratch" and you'll see the multiple threads on this topic already. Sorry to sound like a meanie, but this topic has been covered many times over. :)

As for warranty/recall from Mitsu, won't happen. Ever. Even mitsu clearly state everywhere no liability to aftermarket add ons that's not Mitsu OEM.

Only option is to have the lower inner flap cut back - see my post when I spoke to my service guy a couple of weeks ago
http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=68334#68334 or get some premium tint - the tint guy I went to mentioned the cheaper films are more susecptible to scratching anywayz
Last edited by The X on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Chubb wrote:
Bandit wrote:My car was built in 2008. There are some older cars that randomly had felt from new, and nothing had to be cut from the doors in my car.

That seems odd. Does anyone know where are Lancers are built for the Aus market are they all out of the one country or are they different. I know from looking at the Repco computer system that the current toyota corrolla has different brake pads depending on whether it was a Jap build or a south African build.

They all come from the one plant I believe. Have a look at your VIN and then have a look at this post http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=68334#68334, is the 7th last letter a "U" - if so, same plant as all of us.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:47 pm

yeh iv go the biggest scratch on my passenger side window, think the tint place where i got it said that i got life time warrenty so ill take it back and see wat they say
Uchiha Itachi

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Yer, I mine have no scratches but there are dust bubbles in the drivers side window. The damn felt glue is irritating. I work out every weekend rubbing off the glue. So much so its making my microfibre cloth looking old.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:53 pm

i had this installed which was a better option for the non-scratch, albeit as the cost of some road noise, but then again, my car is a little on the loud side so it didn't matter ;)

we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Im wondering why I didnt get this issue? I had aftermarket tint installed by Ultratint (I think)

STACYS

Postby STACYS » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:43 pm

maybe cause it was done by a good window tinting place?

Example
SIR-VRX wrote:Also, make sure they use felt on the window rubbers. The tint will scratch otherwise. Most good tinters will know this.

:)

Return to “Interior”