Upgrade My09 Cluster

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

devondale16
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Upgrade My09 Cluster

Postby devondale16 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Hello, I am just about to purchase a Vr-x My09 I have found a really good deal on it. I just don't like the cluster. I've seen a few threads about upgrading it to a coloured My11 cluster but couldn't find to much more info on it. Are all the wires the same? Is it pretty much plug and play and how would I go about changing the odometer reading? Is there anything else I should know? And I want to change the whole cluster as I would prefer having the speedo on the right.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: Upgrade My09 Cluster

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:41 pm

The cluster from others Mitsubishis work also, I have an Outlander one in my 09 VRX. Just make sure is for a petrol engine, NOT diesel, the rev counter will be different.

As for the swap its pretty easy, most with any knowledge with cars can do it in less than 30 minutes, from memory the centre sound system panel needs to be removed to gain access to the cluster screws. That are more details on other threads. But it just plus in, doesn't matter if its an auto or manual just make sure it have a 6500 red line on the rev counter.

Now the tricky bit is finding someone to adjust the odometer, you can also your dealer but they might charge a fortune. Do a Google search for clusters or car electronics in your local area. You may need to clear it with your insurance or dealer if your under finance but as long as its documented this should not be an issue.

Lastly on the adjustment there is also the VIN in the code, this may need adjusting, you can check with whom ever can adjust the odometer.

Its well worth the upgrade and not that hard with a little more research.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

devondale16
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby devondale16 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks heaps for the reply! What made you choose an outlander cluster?

devondale16
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby devondale16 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:50 am

Never mind just been reading this thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9748&start=165 and have a much better understanding now.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:11 pm

I chose the Outlander one because if was listed on eBay. They are identical to the Lancer ones and often cheaper, same goes for certain models of the ASX but I don't remember the specifics.

Yes thats a good thread, lots of info.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Interior”