UNREADABLE INSTRUMENTS_ glair

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

UNREADABLE INSTRUMENTS_ glair

Postby sarusa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:49 am

Note my instruments speedo taco and all red middle section are unreadable about 50% of the time or more.
Note middle red section cops reflection from top of steering wheel boss, will attempt overcoming this
with a bit of black carpet from old dash mat. Anyone have any ideas on how to tackle the rest for example!
Anti glare coating on glass surface!!?? I believe part of the problem is reflection from A (windscreen) pillars.

Could this be classified as a hazard and therefore an item to be corrected by a Mitsubishi recall? :roll:

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: UNREADABLE INSTRUMENTS_ glair

Postby bumblebee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:14 pm

If you can prove it is a hazzard and someone has had an accident from it you might stand a chance. Best people to talk to would be the ACCC

https://www.accc.gov.au/

I dont have this issue with the colour display in mine from an ASX.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:58 pm

looks like it depends to some degree on the height adjustment position of the steering column and the height of the driver.
While anti glare glass would I believe cure the problem. For those that have this problem, a patch of black non reflective material
Such as a piece of black carpet, over the top of the steering column between the dash and the steering wheel makes a huge difference.

I just went out and tried it and it certainly makes a difference to all the instruments. Speedo taco: and red centre rigamarole.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:00 pm

I had a problem with this also, at its worse around the middle of the day depending which way the sun is coming in.

You could try some contact felt on the top of the column is thats the issue. All I did was make a card out of some rubber I have lying around, slip it under the dash mat in the middle of the cluster, when the sun is being annoying I slid it out, add just enough shade to made things good again!

That said not really had an issue with my color cluster.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Interior”