Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Stealthmatt
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Slight mark on inside of speedo

Postby Stealthmatt » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi all,

Not sure where to go or what to do, I have a brand new ralliart 2014 with 4000km on the clock, I very rarly wipe my glass on the speedo dials anyways, about a month ago, I rember using some glass cleaner (1 squirt and wipe)

It appears that it speed onto the inside and a dried mark has been left. Now I only notice this when the sun is directly on the dial (ie driving home in afternoon with sun behind me)

But I would expect for a brand new ralliart that it would be sealed and wouldnt have an issue like this, i did one spray on each side and only the one side has this dried mark?

So what should I do?

1) go to mitubishi and get a warranty claim happening? maybe not even mention about cleaning it and just say iv noticed it.

2) remove it myself and try and get the plastic off to clean it from the inside? Does any one know how to do this and is it easy?

ThrillCosby
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby ThrillCosby » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:02 pm

If it were me, I'd try to remove the plastic screen and clean it myself.

As to how, my guess is that you'll just need to remove the silver plastic trim that surrounds the casing.
In my experience with my Lancer, it'll just be held in my a bunch of clips and will pull straight out with some force. Then you should be able to access/remove the clear plastic.

(This is all guesswork, by the way, but I hope I'm of some help).

ThrillCosby
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby ThrillCosby » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Ok, I've found a link of some relevance for you. It sorta shows how to take apart the general instrument cluster at least..

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showth ... p?t=164266

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Personally I would go back to the dealer. I would not mention anything other than the mark itself. I would be hesitant to remove the instrument cluster in such a new car that still had cut price servicing. They may not do anything however, depends on the dealer
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:23 pm

I agree, if it is very new (i.e before 1 month service), just tell them you noticed it when you take it in for first service.

But if you've had it for months, I doubt they would do it without charging.

Mits
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Mits » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:35 pm

I would take it back and just say you noticed it while the sun shines on it and not mention anything about cleaning it. Taking apart the cluster is a pretty big job and you wouldn't want to stuff anything else up or the warranty goes out the window.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:52 am

Agreed. Although not difficult to take it apart, its a new car and just say that you noticed this mark on the dials... (in future do not spray straight on to the dials... spray onto the cloth and then wipe ;) )
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Return to “Interior”