deep dish steering wheel

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JoelT
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

deep dish steering wheel

Postby JoelT » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:57 am

been looking for a thread about deep dish steering wheels and if you can just chuck any deep dish with a boss kit and it'll be alright?
sorry if this has already been answered i just cant find it anywhere :P[/b]

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:21 am

Well you have consider the airbag. Not sure if you can remove the factory steering wheel if it means losing the airbag

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:50 am

TrojanHorse wrote:You cant change steering wheels. Removing the airbag is illegal. Not to mention youll prob end up with a cel for doing so.

This is correct to a point. Replacing the steering wheel with a non-airbaged steering wheel will result in; Un-roadworthy car, and in most cases Void Insurance. You can get the wheel inspected and get a mod plate, but they wont approve it without an airbag.

However, there are a few companies around that can take a stock steering wheel (Grab one from the wreckers with airbag intact) and modify it for you. 'Dallas Custom Steering Wheel' Is a very popular one, and one I have considered, they can do pretty much anything you ask.

Your other option would be to replace it with an aftermarket steering wheel that comes with an airbag, they do exist.

To actually answer your question, get the boss kit to suit your car, and then any steering wheel should fit with it, however you just need to check the comparability between the hub and the wheel.

Things to note, if you have the paddle sifters and you add a deep dish steering wheel... they are going to be a long way away.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:42 am

U can do anything, just depends if u want it to be legal and how deep Ur pockets are
Boost life scrambles the brain

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:38 pm

pretty much just need to get a boss kit that suit ur car and the wheel in question. and some of them come with a airbag delete relay as well so you plug that in in place of the airbag so your car wont throw a airbag light.

i wouldnt for the lancer tho. i like the steering wheel button too much haha
燒

Return to “Interior”