How to remove the steering wheel or just the volume control

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bennieboi101
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

How to remove the steering wheel or just the volume control

Postby bennieboi101 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 am

Hey guys, i can find 10000 topics on new steering wheels, replacing steering wheels, adding volume buttons, removing volume buttons, but not one person has take the time to inform anyone as to how to remove the steering wheel to perform such acts....

i have just gotten OEM volume controls for my ES lancer and i would like to now add them as my car did not come stock with them but for the life of me cannot figure out how to install them. I have a standard silver cover on the left side of the steering wheel but i dont want to just pry at it as i may set off the airbag, i have already disconnected the battery so i dont accidentally do anything but still atm i am just stabbing in the dark.

Can anyone please help or provide insight. Thank you

bennieboi101
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bennieboi101 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 am

well wherever the how to is on this it is poorly labeled as no matter what i serched i was unable to find it. Maybe add a link?

Your instructions are poor at best i still have no idea how to actually pull said back panel off, i have no idea if there any clips, before i get to any of that, i dont know what type of screw it is i have to undo, Philips? Flat? Torque?

Maybe some pictures and a little more ifo would be awesome thanks :)

Forgive my shortness but i have been fighting with this now for over 3 hours as a result of poor information and guides missing 5000 steps.

Return to “Interior”