NON ADR APPROVED SEATS QUESTION....

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

NON ADR APPROVED SEATS QUESTION....

Postby denzza » Mon May 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Im thinking of getting replica Recaros, but they arnt ADR approved. So i wasnt too worried about them. Then someone told me that even with ADR approved seats you can get done ? I dont know if this is true but if someone can point me in the right direction that will be good :) Also they are reclinable so its not fixed!

And also my stock seats in my lancer, where is the stitching or sticker that says ADR APPROVED :)

Thanks!
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85
FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP
APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |
TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH
BC RACING BR COILOVERS

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Mon May 13, 2013 5:57 pm

I think the main issue here is you're swapping out seats with airbags for seats without. Not sure about the ADR side, but I think most insurance companies will have a problem with that.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Mon May 13, 2013 6:43 pm

the recaros will physically fit however they will have issues with the airbags. the evo X is a little wider hence does not have this issue.

Also, insurance companies will look for every detail to avoid a massive payout. some don't care it really depends on who the inspector is on the day of your crash assessment.

I got a new set of OEM foglights in my accident. (my old were installed but not wired up) and they were not part of the standard inclusions of my vehicle! but that was them being slack on their part. next time i might not be so lucky.

Damir
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Damir » Mon May 20, 2013 9:42 pm

trust me, buckets may look cool but they are so uncomfortable when it comes down to comfort on long drives
and as for stitching, take out the bolts and have a look yourself hahahaha
My Build Thread : http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14731
ROTM Winner OCTOBER 2015 (Nominated for favourite CJ)
-Australia's first airbagged CJ-

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Mon May 20, 2013 10:47 pm

replacing OEM seats with aftermarket seats or removal of airbags WILL render your car unroadworthy and uninsurable.Think very very carefully about the consequences of what you want to do My advice to you Denzza is don't do it.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Mon May 20, 2013 11:03 pm

I emailed my insurance company and i asked all the questions about my mods and seat :)

Good news! The seat doesnt count as a mod and they do allow it :) The seat looks almost as the stock evo ones , Their will be a ADR sticker :P

And all my mods on the car wont be covered.... but they will fix the rest. incase of anything :)
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85

FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP

APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |

TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH

BC RACING BR COILOVERS

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue May 21, 2013 2:32 am

Do RX's have seat airbags? If they do, then you can't remove them. You can be sneaky and replace them with other lancer seats, but you shouldn't even really be doing that.

If not, you still need an engineering certificate to show they're safely installed. Seats are a big deal, they can break or collapse.

You've pretty much ignored every reply you've gotten in this thread...

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:58 am

also if you remove a car seat that has an airbag in it and replace it with a seat that does not have an airbag, and your involved in a accident where one of your passengers is injured or killed you will be charged with manslaughter or murder.

its not as simple as if the insurance companies say yes its all good.
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

Return to “Interior”