***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What's the best Gear to stay in, when in traffic?

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

spareparts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby spareparts » Sun May 17, 2009 10:33 pm

in the work truck ( 2.4L triton) i build the revs up a lil to take off the on gas while changing between gears. i do down shift between gears befor stopin and if i do it right i dont come to a compleat stop at trafic lights i start to slow down early. i will put in to 1st while movin but very slow speeds. thats the way i was tought to drive / and experament over the years
the voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas :D:D
..... If streets could talk they would Beg For Mercy!!! 151.6kw & 330nm @ all 4 paws .....

Spewman
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Spewman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:20 pm

LOL i had the same prob all the time when i got my licence and met m5 traffic >.< . Dw about looking atrevs etc you should always have your eyes on the road, youve just got to listen and feel and eventually it'll become as easy as moving your own body :D

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:02 am

*cough* CVT ... If I'm in traffic, which is rare for me but does happen from time to time, I just leave it in D and let it do it's thing.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:13 am

nutterbug wrote:It's funny how driving instructors differ so much. My partner uses the gears to slow down rather than the brakes where I was taught to use the brakes or pop it in N and coast up to the lights (Dad says new brakepads are cheaper then a new gearbox LOL). I'd never heard about 1st really only being for starting on hills etc.

shouldnt really pop it in N and coast.. just incase something sudden happens and u you need to be in gear to swerve or dodge a accident or something..

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:02 am

I've noticed when I pop the gear in N and coast it uses more fuel (as per the bar on the screen) compared to in-gear coasting. Or maybe its just me...
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Return to “Interior”