seat covers

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

ads18x wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:Mitsubishi now sells them for the lancer. They only cover the centre section of the seat uprights (ie NOT the bolsters at all) so they do allow the airbag to safely deploy if it is needed.

Do you know where i can get any information about these I cant see anything on the mitsu site and have been lookin on google for ages.
My dealer hasn't got any brochures, and said i can order a "buy in" where i have to pay for them upfront before they order them but dont want to do that before i atleast see them.

My dealer has a A4 plastic folder thing with all the available accessories for all Mitsubishis. It is in there. They don't for some stupid reason put them all on the website or in the brochures.

ads18x
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ads18x » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:06 pm

ah ok i will go back tomorrow and ask about it, thanks

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Check the mitsu parts thread. They are in there.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:17 pm

ads18x, do let us know how much your dealer wants for them. Our sponsor has offered them:

bb) Seat Covers
i) MR936409 - Front = A$220.00
ii) MR936410 = A$280.00

Unfortunately though I'd have to post to you. Still I'd like to know your price. Helps keep my contact honest... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:18 pm

I was quoted $260 for the fronts where I got my car from. I think the rears were about $60 more expensive than your prices ofey. Then I was quoted $360 for the fronts from a dealership on the North Shore in Sydney. I laughed.

chrisb
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby chrisb » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:21 pm

i got these seat covers from the dealer. they are awesome and look really good. easy to fit aswell!

PMR
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby PMR » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:17 am

parts are always hefty when it comes to dealerships just get some nice leatehr seats problem solved

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:11 pm

daveee wrote:I was quoted $260 for the fronts where I got my car from. I think the rears were about $60 more expensive than your prices ofey. Then I was quoted $360 for the fronts from a dealership on the North Shore in Sydney. I laughed.

Was that Northshore Mitsubishi by any chance?

They were $100 more expensive than the Central Coast for a service!! I laughed too :)

bongo
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby bongo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:33 pm

I bought a set and later read the notice"do not use on seats with Air bags. Gave them to someone else without my problem. :cry:

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am

hmmmm i think its time for me to get some seat covers as i still do not have any in my car since i got it and it has been nearly 2 years now lolz, any1 no where i can get some kool looking blue ones from cos thats wat im trying to find
Uchiha Itachi

Joog123

Postby Joog123 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:04 am

PMR wrote:parts are always hefty when it comes to dealerships just get some nice leatehr seats problem solved

Swapping seats isn't as simple as unbolting the old ones and bolting the new ones in.

They have to have the same seatbelt design (ie if it wasnt designed to have a seatbelt affix to the seat itself, you can't simple attach the point to seat as it'll probably end up killing you as the seat wasnt designed to take that kind of load in a crash)

Then you have to take into account if the seat had airbags in it or not. Replacing a seat that has airbags for one without one makes the car unroadworthy unless you have received approval from your appropriate transport authority (ie NSW is the RTA). And it also needs to be Engineered. Good luck with these.

If you do get a seat that has airbags in it does it have the necessary sensors for curtain airbags/side airbags to detect if someone is sitting in the seat and if so how much they weigh (if the original seat had these sensors to begin with, that is). If it doesn't have these sensors, you need to put them into the new seat.

Problem might be "solved", but you may have created 5 other problems for yourself that you cannot "solve".

duce2278
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby duce2278 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:06 pm

Aspire seats for the VRX?????

anyone know prices??

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:11 pm

duce you are better to get in contact with X-factor and buy new leather covers for your seats. I would be scared to think what Mitsu would want for Aspire seats.

duce2278
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby duce2278 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Yeah i thought about that... not feelin the idea of covers tho... maybe Ofey can get some prices?? or better yet a straight swap!!!! ? lol

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:36 pm

They are exactly the same as buying an OEM leather interior... the original covers come off, new covers go on.... They are 10000% OEM Fitment :D

Have a look at the pics, I promise you won't be disappointed and the price is amazing...

Return to “Interior”