***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

OEM-style Navi Replacement

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jaysewah
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jaysewah » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:48 am

Cool, installed the Witson yesterday, fingers crossed it lasts, so far so good... Reception isnt the best though, you had any issues with the radio reception? Doesnt sound quite as good as the stock one did. All in all though it is an upgrade with the extra features, just hope it doesnt break :D

Deano1964
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Deano1964 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:18 pm

My radio sounds the same as OEM.
Fiddle with the eq settings...bass....treble...because i found that its not the clarity but the equalizer settings that make it sounds a bit tinny.

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Has anyone tried running EvoScan on this thing?
RALLI//////ART

BDR-BOY
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby BDR-BOY » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:02 am

hey all i have this head deck bough off ebay and i think its great bout it from perfectly_media off ebay about 3 months ago nothing wrong with it.

Steering wheels controls work well everything still working no digital TV tho.
Im still over the moon about it and think these look better then the Mitsubishi ones that kinda stick out.

DVD player still working use it alot when im waiting in my car, iphone works with it eg, phone calls and using the ipod all goes through the cable altho they say iphone does not work but it does no peoblems.

maybe i got lucky with mine but its in working order still but will wait and seee but for $600 i paid $700 with delivery its cheap for what it does and lookc wicked.

Ed

smithsy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby smithsy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 am

Only the same qualirty sound as OEM?

Then this unit isn't going to be for anyone that wants to run decent speakers off it,etc. In the mrs ES her sound system (only Fusion atm but when I get time it's all beign replaced by Alpine/JL gear) didn't sound the best running offf the OEM deck. Replaced the OEM deck with an Alpine IVA-W502E and there was a crapload of difference in terms of sound quality...

So I'm guessing then basically this deck is jsut for people who want the navi/dvd features for a great price, otherwise if your doing a stereo upgrade then stick to the mainstream gear...

Deano1964
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Deano1964 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:52 am

smithsy wrote:Only the same qualirty sound as OEM?

Then this unit isn't going to be for anyone that wants to run decent speakers off it,etc. In the mrs ES her sound system (only Fusion atm but when I get time it's all beign replaced by Alpine/JL gear) didn't sound the best running offf the OEM deck. Replaced the OEM deck with an Alpine IVA-W502E and there was a crapload of difference in terms of sound quality...

So I'm guessing then basically this deck is jsut for people who want the navi/dvd features for a great price, otherwise if your doing a stereo upgrade then stick to the mainstream gear...

Well the unit puts out 4x50w so when you have low powered speakers (OEM) you are not going to notice much difference.....

If i was to change the speakers to something more decent then i might be able to make judgement on whether the unit is better....

RAwannabe
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby RAwannabe » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 am

good luck with that, looks gd but heard it's kinda crappy.

mil098
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mil098 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:08 am

quick question to the people's who have the aftermarket OEM sty;e units.

After this long, can you report on how those units are going for you?

Anything go wrong?
Anything that you found that you liked more?

Any general comments?

Cheers
Anthony.

s84kam
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby s84kam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:44 am

Im glad i found my own thread I made. Ok so I sold my kit in pieces because my nav unit over heated. The damn thing is a crappy piece of shniz. For those who are looking forward for one, they only last less than a year. It cannot tolerate daily use and will eventually fade out and die. My nav unit overheated enough that I had to pull over the road and remove it before it caught on fire!!!!!!!!!

The unit was good for about the first 6 months, then the radio went, then the touch screen was iffy, then everyday after that, the screen got really really hot. Hot enough to change the value's of its components and my audio started to distort while using MP3 (SD cards)

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!

Romz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Romz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Hey s84kam, I think I can see your problem, it's either the pen or the bottle of water that you pulled out. :lol:

But thanks anyway for the update. I think it just confirmed my decision to not get one.

(BTW sorry for tapping on to an old thread)
My cat smells like cat food

Return to “Interior”