***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Seat upgrades

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Graham wrote:Come on guys I'm asking a question here and I'm fully aware that I shouldn't take out my airbags. Please don't turn this into an argument thread and let's keep it on topic.

Thanks,
Graham

i posted in here, its now a argument thread :p
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:03 pm

Graham wrote:Come on guys I'm asking a question here and I'm fully aware that I shouldn't take out my airbags. Please don't turn this into an argument thread and let's keep it on topic.

Thanks,
Graham

Actually Graham, the tribe has spoken... either take the advice or do what you want...

The suggestions are sound; get seats, mate them to rails, see if you likey...

Far as I can see, end of chat....

maleticj
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby maleticj » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:44 pm

My opinion graham not that it matters haha u remember those chairs we had in year 6 in mr barnses class ?? haha a set of those would b mint ;) as for the airbags few spare pillows ;)

im kidding mate :) go for it i rekon c how it turns out and hey ul still have 5 or so airbags left how many do u really need haha jkksss

fappy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby fappy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:48 pm

road laws are bocoming a joke. on my evo if I have 22" wheels it can be legal if I have tyreses with a low offset that are only 215s making my car pretty much undrivable and dangerous to other people. In SA they are trying to make the speed limit on main roads 50 instead of 60 and on quiet suburban streets all 40. Cars are getting safer and laws are getting unnesisary. Oh shi- I have one less airbag that I'll probably never ever use. Sorry I'm more just having a rant cause I'm so pissed at the government and there bullshit restrictions on everything fun.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Most cars don't even have these seat airbags so i don't see it being a huge problem :P

I agree though scott, I hate the way the laws are heading...

a few years ago you could get pulled up for driving 220km/h down an empty fwy at 3am and say you wanted to test your cars speed and the cop would let you off, or they would pull you up just to check out your car because they liked it.. mind you this was way before I was driving but that's what I've heard from a fair few people..

anywho, off to go grab me some new rims/tyres :D
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Brimstone103
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Brimstone103 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm looking to replace mine too but its an ES so no air bags to worry about, are you selling your existing seats?

and does anyone know if i would i need to worry about the certificate to put in the VRX seats?? I would guess they use the same rails...

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon May 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Bolt them in, plug in airbags (optional but may as well) and take to dealer. They can program to get the airbags working.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Mon May 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Better not say what I thought on the seat air bags thing, brain sure was in fine form :lol: When I go to Mitsubishi dealer next I going to see where all these air bags are, mainly the seat ones.

If the seat is ADR compliant, can we install them as I looking at swapping out my front seats too. The Subaru Liberty seats, they the 2010 ones as they nice, the GT ones.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon May 03, 2010 8:45 pm

If the rails are modified in any way legally you need an engineers certificate.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed May 05, 2010 8:16 pm

What if new rails were purchased as well?

ananean
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ananean » Thu May 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Interesting thread and I have little to offer other than to echo the wise words re the engineer cert requirement.

I know this coz I spoke to a motor trimmer on Monday about the possibility of replacing the front seats on my 09 Aspire with a set from a Nissan Murano or Maxima if they fitted and he rabbited on about the airbag issue.

At the risk of hijacking this thread tho, has anyone any ideas about what can be done to make the Aspire seats a tad more comfortable? After a four-hr drive back from Bathurst on Monday I'm about ready to sell the car! I find the driver's seat very uncomfortable and my charming spouse is of the same opinion of the front passengers seat!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu May 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Idk if aspires have the VR or VRX seats but I find mine very comfortable.... Bad for spirited driving but easy to cruise in.
Find some other seats that also have airbags?
Or get woollen seat covers? (eww).

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:57 pm

ananean wrote:Interesting thread and I have little to offer other than to echo the wise words re the engineer cert requirement.

I know this coz I spoke to a motor trimmer on Monday about the possibility of replacing the front seats on my 09 Aspire with a set from a Nissan Murano or Maxima if they fitted and he rabbited on about the airbag issue.

At the risk of hijacking this thread tho, has anyone any ideas about what can be done to make the Aspire seats a tad more comfortable? After a four-hr drive back from Bathurst on Monday I'm about ready to sell the car! I find the driver's seat very uncomfortable and my charming spouse is of the same opinion of the front passengers seat!

Ian i find the seats okay but I have never driven for 4 hours in the car.

Car seats are a hard one as they are build to suit the average person. If you are not average then the padding can be in the wrong places. The foam is softer in the centre then the outside. They have steel frames in them to add support.

Saying that I don't think any car seats are comfortable in a 4 hour drive.

If you find some other seats I am sure some one would be interested to buy your seats.

Good luck

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri May 07, 2010 10:57 pm

I've driven in my seats for extended periods in both spirited, cruising and stop-start driving (yess, been caught in stop-start for 5 hours in the middle of nowhere!!) and I find them quite comfortable. I am 6 foot tall and skinny though :lol:

My previous car, a Mitsu Mirage had horrible seats and even after an hour I had sore back muscles from those seats.

chilled
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby chilled » Sat May 08, 2010 1:46 pm

I've thought about this a lot of times... I would reallly like to have some bucket in my lancer... this are so unconfortable... and buckets give the car a sportive look. I like bride seats... they're so great... but... no airbags... lots of problems.

1st, problems with insurance company.
2nd, problems to pass the legal technical revisions, so strict in this country.
3rd, problems to adapt them electronically, no one will want to do that.
4th, problems to install them, new guides, certificates...
5th... if you had a serious accident... and any of your friends had any lessions... legal problems... and regretting the decission for the rest of your life.

So... If I needed to change it... I would go with ralliart-evolution recaros.

Anyway...
Image Image

Return to “Interior”