***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

WTB: Dr Dre Studio Noise Canceling Headphones

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:32 pm

If you find a cheap place in the US but they will only ship within the US you can use a service like Bongo to forward them to you and they aren't that expensive to use.
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:47 am

Just thought I should update my own thread.

I still haven't found a cheap place to buy this but found a good fake:

What do you get for A$82.81 shipped???

What say you?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 am

getting a price for you tomorrow

juanito
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby juanito » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:24 am

look on eBay, they have it on the main page atm. Its 32% off and down to $339. They should be legit since eBay put it up on the main page. Get in quick

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 am

There's some deals going on for Dr Dre's at the moment on COTD.

Beats By Dr. Dre Studio HD Headphones $329
Beats By Dr. Dre Pro DJ Headphones $429.

Both excluding postage.

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:56 pm

I've got a pair of original solos for sale still in sealed packaging if ure still still interested in buying one.... oh and btw ofey i saw the exact same fake u showed in hong kong for 30-40 dollars lol and they have every single monster beats earphone ever made....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri May 27, 2011 3:47 pm

I still can't bear to part with all of A$350 for the Dr Dres.

On another front, if any of you are looking for a cheap and good set of ear phones, I have to recommend these highly:

Phillips SHE-9800 <- Trusted Review

You can get them here for about A$55 delivered.

Frequency Response 12- 22k Hz
Impedance 16 ohm at 1kHz
Maximum Power Input 50 mW
Sensitivity 106 dB
Type Dynamic
Cable Length 1.2 m
Connector 3.5 mm stereo
Finishing of Connector 24k Gold-plated

Brilliant that for A$55 (RRP~A$130), this set of earphones actually have something of a soundstage. The bass is cleanly delivered and all noises are very distinct even those recorded in the background when listening to the Feynman Lectures on Physics, you can even hear background student discussions.

If you like trance, this is a good set of earbuds as its response to rapid changes in the music is so good aka dynamic sound response. I would also say this is an excellent earphone for concert mp3s. The sound isolation is very good yet comfortable. Build quality is of an A$100+ set and I dare say will last for a long while.

If you own an iPod or mp3 player and are looking for a good earphone, you cannot go wrong with this one. I'm sure the audiophiles amongst you will have other thoughts but this does it for me.

So good I bought myself a 2nd set... . :lol:

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

Goose003
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Goose003 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:55 pm

For trance? definitely worth checking out, currently using a Bang n Olufsen A8 which i purchased in America for around AUD 180 or so, after trying Grado, Monster, Koss and Etymotic I thought the B&O's responded the best to 240 bpm! Highly recommended! Does anyone else think Bose is slightly overrated?
DBA Rotors W EBC Pads
UR Struts & Eibach Pro Kits
Alpine Head & Hertz Splits W/ Blackvue DRG500
Takeda SRI & Custom Exhaust

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri May 27, 2011 6:35 pm

You're really talking about the top end of the market. Most the names you dropped at over the A$150 mark.

I'm suggesting a good general run of the mill earphones that cost under A$60 (though RRP is well in excess of A$100).

I don't believe in brands anymore. I look at the specs.
Look at impedance and dynamic frequency response.

I think there are many brand names today who do very poor on these fronts.
I used to own a pair of B&Os in my student days similar to the earset3i now. Cost me about 4 weeks of teaching sessions in British Pounds... . I sold it in 2 months because I found nothing about it to justify the price.
Look at the frequency response: 50 - 20,000 Hz, also 16 Ohms

I then was suckered into owning a set of Shure E4Cs. Was another few weeks of teaching money and with an impedence of 29 ohms the frequency response of 20Hz - 16,000Hz. But look at the price tag!

You also have to consider how much you sample your mp3s at. Unless you listen in FLAC, I don't see a need to go all out.
I sample my mp3s at 160kbps for the DVD-DL in my car and 192kbps for the iPod. So no reason for me to go the edge and pay a pretty coin for my earphones.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Fri May 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Just ordered the Philips SHE9800 from that link ofey posted. My Sennheiser neckphones are falling apart, and the earphones that I have can be better.

It was $56.95 including shipping by the way.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Tue May 31, 2011 7:26 pm

The Philips earphones arrived today. Pretty happy with the quality, although I don't know if I'd pay $100+ for these. They really do fit in the ear quite well and block out a fair amount of external noise.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue May 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Mine arrived today as well.

I do think they're worth much more than the A$56.95 that we paid for them but what did you think was the let down?

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Tue May 31, 2011 7:46 pm

The sound quality is very good for that price and I'd totally recommend it to anyone who's out for a new set of earphones.

The only thing putting me off is that the cables could have been constructed a bit better. I'm not sure if you're experiencing it, but if the cable swings about there's a fair amount of noise. The cables on my old Sennheisers were more flexible and transmitted less noise to the canalphones.

It's only a pedantic issue and should be OK if you're not moving your head around too much :P

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue May 31, 2011 7:55 pm

I do a fair bit of my running with the headphones plugged in and there's no crackling noises from the wiring flapping about.

But yes I know what you mean with the cable itself rubbing against clothes and body parts to send a the noise up. I would agree with that. It's the material the sheath of the wiring which causes this. However the thickness of this material also helps with wearing issues.

But as I pointed out for that price point to get a head phone with a soundstage was delightful. I can't imagine people paying the same for logitech Ultimate Ears ithout any sound stage.

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Pretty shmick headphones... seen them for $240USD.. but the email address on the site was a hotmail one... :/

Return to “Buying & Trading”