***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

RALLIART REAR BUMPER

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:23 pm

liam92 wrote:I think most mitsu dealers would be okay if you just provided a VIN# I know my mitsu/holden dealer locally didnt really give a stuff when I bought HSV astra stuff for mine using carsales sourced VIN's

Maybe as long as you dont tell them where it came from hahaha. But whats the chances of them investigating you anyway, bigger things in life than people with the wrong bumpers!
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

feral
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby feral » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:11 pm

The main reason for the vin number is the parts system automatically gives the correct part number according to the vin supplied. If the part is wrong for the vehicle the incorrect vin was supplied and if it was specially ordered in theres no refund.

FizyMo
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby FizyMo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:30 pm

How much is it roughly to paint for a rear bumper such as the RA bumper?
".FizyMo."

bernardo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bernardo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:19 am

What about Evo bumper on RA ? I wonder if it will bolt on nicely ..
RA bumer is too high, you can basically see the bottom exhaust pipe from behind.. Atleast the Evo bumber is lower so it doens't look too bad from far distance.

any evo vin out there ? I wonder how much this will cost.

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:55 am

Evo bumpers wouldnt fit tho.... evo bumpers are wider than RA and NA lancers.... so not an option unless u wanna modify the bumper to fit...

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:46 am

Envoke wrote:
liam92 wrote:I think most mitsu dealers would be okay if you just provided a VIN# I know my mitsu/holden dealer locally didnt really give a stuff when I bought HSV astra stuff for mine using carsales sourced VIN's

Maybe as long as you dont tell them where it came from hahaha. But whats the chances of them investigating you anyway, bigger things in life than people with the wrong bumpers!

feral wrote:The main reason for the vin number is the parts system automatically gives the correct part number according to the vin supplied. If the part is wrong for the vehicle the incorrect vin was supplied and if it was specially ordered in theres no refund.

The VIN situation may only be unique to my supplier as they have been warned by Mitsubishi officially on a letter NOT to sell RA/EVO parts to customers. They've done it before with us and got a warning. So you may not encounter this anywhere else. It's not for all the reasons you guys are citing. Your local dealer may well not care as I said and do it.

FizyMo wrote:How much is it roughly to paint for a rear bumper such as the RA bumper?

It's about A$200 if they like you and A$400 if they don't. So somewhere in that ballpark is good.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “Buying & Trading”