***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

WTB: catback exhaust for RA

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:13 am

I dont believe you can.

All ECU ROMS are locked and have a specific code for it to be unlocked. You would have to send your ROM to a tuner, they would unlock it, write the flash tune to it and send it back to you...

I believe thats what RPW does for its tunes..
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:54 am

In addition to what Tadz said,

it is not wise to do so anyway... Unless it is a very minor tweak like RPW's tunes for the NA Lancers.

Each car is different and they don't all make the same power from the factory. You would be surprised. So if person A got a tune done, and has a few mods and you put their tune on your car you are risking damage to your car. You would need 100% exactly the same mods, and even then you need to be careful as your car would still be different.

Strange I know, but that's how it is.

It seems you want a tune but can't afford to spent too much? BPS at Cleveland (Where I told Lethal_1 to go) offers a 10% discount across the board on everything for being in a club like outs. You will need to give them a ring for the price, but it's quite a good deal considering the excellent service they provide. A tune from MRT or a MRT dealer is usually just under $2000. BPS is a lot less I can tell you that.

Return to “Buying & Trading”