***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

WTB: 4B12 exhaust manifold

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

WTB: 4B12 exhaust manifold

Postby burfadel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:08 am

After reading the forum post of putting a 4B12 manifold on the 4B11 engine that has the 4-1 street extractors, I would like to do the same myself. viewtopic.php?f=73&t=21732

I too currently have 4-1 street extractors with a 2.0 L CVT, and am keen to try the 4B12 2.4 L exhaust manifold. Anyone in Adelaide with a 2.4 L and extractors still have the original exhaust manifold? I'm interested in purchasing for a respectable price.

I'd then be interested in selling off my 4-1 street extractors, once the 4B12 manifold is installed. It's the stainless steel one, and it's painted with several coats of duplicolor high heat paint, inside and out: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Produc ... 40g/324085
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: WTB: 4B12 exhaust manifold

Postby Mooman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 am

One of the self serve wreckers here (Jollys U pull it, Dandenong) have a 4B12 engine that they removed from the car and are selling in their show room. They removed the manifold with the engine.
Link to engine

I asked if I could remove just the manifold but they said as it was removed with engine they wouldn't allow disassembly, so unless you want a full 2.4L (defeats the purpose) will have to look further.

I'll keep an eye out for a manifold as I believe it is worth doing, and it would be good to see someone else do this to compare notes as the only previous information seems to be from 1 Puerto Rican on various forums but their car also had a tune and other stuff done.

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am

The wreckers linked in the door thread not have one burfadel? someone said they had a few CJs there.

It was mooman :mrgreen:

2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:16 pm

Yeah I saw that! I found at times they can be super expensive. I'll give them a try in a couple of weeks when I've given up hope elsewhere :).

@Mooman
Thanks, that would be great!

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Must be a few guys in the club with a disused 4B12 exhaust manifold hanging around. Someone that has fitted an after market header!

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Exactly what I was thinking, and hoping!

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Well, seems no luck on existing 4B12 members willing to depart with their manifold! I'll check with Eddy Wreckers tomorrow. I'm not overly hopeful in terms of price! It's been a long time since I went to them for a part though, they used to have a store on at 869 South Rd, Clarence Gardens (found it on Google search). From memory it was a little store with a wrecking yard out the back, and they removed the parts not you. I'm not sure whether that part has changed, the new location almost seems like a different business with different owners?

I'd be okay paying postage to an existing trustworthy member on here for one if the price is decent and Eddy Wreckers don't want a ridiculous price for it - something you'd never get selling it yourself. They could also be like the other places and sell it as part of whole motors. I'll report back! If I do manage to be able to do it I'll also give feedback on the change, but even if I got it tomorrow I'll have to wait a bit as I'd prefer to wrap it before putting it on! I'd think it would be much easier (understatement of the century?).

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm

A 4B12 manifold from Eddy Wreckers is $125, as I said they can be expensive!

If anyone has one I'm willing to pay for postage as long as the price is reasonable. Make me an offer! If in Adelaide I will be willing to drive and pick it up. Seeing as they're $28 when taking it off yourself I think $125 is a bit much.

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Maybe we can organize a reciprocal deal.

I'm selling my old 4-1 extractors here: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21738

These would work great on a 2.4L, who then could sell you their old stock unit offsetting the cost.

I'm more than happy enough to cut my asking price fairly low (got my usage out of them now just gathering dust so would much prefer them used), just bear in mind that postage will be around $40.

If anyone wants to try this 3 way deal let me know, I can't quite go as low as $28 but I will let them go for well below their value.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 pm

I'll also have my 4-1's for sale once (if...) I can get a 4B12 manifold, so it might end being a 4 way thing! I might have a lead on a 4B12 manifold that isn't as much as the $125 quote I got today, I'll let you know tomorrow how that works out. I think you were lucky to get one for $28! I think most recent Lancers in SA end up at Eddy Wreckers etc, they take the parts off for you (convenient), and can charge that amount as you can't typically find them at wreckers here. I am just thinking of the cost-benefit analysis, and I don't see spending $125 is worth it :).

lancer2014
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby lancer2014 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:44 am

I have it installed in lancer 2.0 a while ago without problems better performance and more power

RRM crank pulley
RA snorkel
Takeda intake
Ecu reflash
Magnaflow cat back 2.5
Tein Flex Z Coilovers
Avid 1- 06 18 x 8.5 x 35et
Hidro Real Carbon

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:07 pm

I enquired around a bit more. Got another quote from City Dismantlers for $176... ouch! I also called a place dealing with dismantled Mitsubishi parts, the person didn't know CJ Lancer's came in both 2.0 L and 2.4 L! I won't say what company it was to save them the embarassment.

So nobody has a 4B12 manifold they would like to sell? No way am I paying $176 for one!

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:18 am

I ended up getting it today (well, yesterday), $125 from Eddy Wreckers. Will fit it probably Wednesday morning. I painted it with high heat paint I had left over. I'll let it dry overnight and cure it tomorrow, and wrap it with heat wrap before fitting. I won't put the heat shield back on, it will actually transfer heat from the manifold through the bolts to the shield.

I can see the primary pipes are small. I dare say ideally it's for the 4B10 Lancers (overseas) and 4B11, but probably too small for 4B12. This is particularly true for manuals due to the changing revs from low to high instead of the CVT that may accelerate at 1800 rpm. The 4-1 streets would be ideal as a cost effective upgrade for 4B12 particularly manuals due to the larger primary pipes. Mine will be up for sale! Might have to put it on eBay next year.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:15 am

When you wrap it a suggestion for you. Use hode clamps on the wrap to hold it into place rsther then stainless steel zip ties. Hose camps can be tightened up a lot tighter then the zip ties. Grab then off the shelf a bunnings for next to nothing in the plumbing isle

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Not too sure wrap would be that useful as they are a dual wall design, the pipes are insulated by the outer shell (air gap).

Return to “Buying & Trading”