***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

is this worth it?

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

dorzy17
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

is this worth it?

Postby dorzy17 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:19 pm

hey guys i been talking to ak racing and they gave me a price of $400 for a snorkel and for a whiteline strut bar which includes shipping. Just seeing if this is worth it or are they overpricing me?
cheers

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: is this worth it?

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Depending on the strut bar you could be looking at least $200.
I found a front strut brace for under $200 on ebay brand new delivered.

dorzy17
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby dorzy17 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Pretty sure it's the same one as the Ralliart has.

Stevie
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Stevie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Do you need them? The snorkel is nice but I personally don't find strut bars detrimental to daily driving to and a from work for example.

You can buy a genuine snorkel for around $130-150 AU if you look hard enough. Strut braces usually go for a around $180-220 AUD depending on the brand and type. Up to you whether they are worth it.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:32 am

Some months ago. Purchased RA snorkel from Mitsu: dealer $175 and Whiteline front strut bar, plus Quick release kit from Autobahn $230.
My car is a MY15 CJ ES sport. Ra snorkel is a must have, does so much!. strut bar while not obvious does improve handling,and steering feel but that's subjective, as I have no way of measuring these.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:34 am

sarusa wrote:Some months ago. Purchased RA snorkel from Mitsu: dealer $175 and Whiteline front strut bar, plus Quick release kit from Autobahn $230.
My car is a MY15 CJ ES sport. Ra snorkel is a must have, does so much!. strut bar while not obvious does improve handling,and steering feel but that's subjective, as I have no way of measuring these.

In what way does the snorkel benefit? Really interested into getting one
We are all in it for the fun!

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:00 am

ReeceCozaa wrote:
sarusa wrote:Some months ago. Purchased RA snorkel from Mitsu: dealer $175 and Whiteline front strut bar, plus Quick release kit from Autobahn $230.

Existing snorkel is restrictive, rub your hand under the existing snorkel , just above the battery and you will find there are 25 holes drilled here dragging in hot air. Obviously the makers found it was restrictive.

With existing snorkel, take of from stationary is a bit jerky, Ra one :- Smoother from take off and right on through. End of wheezy noise and in with a nice gentle roar on brisk acceleration. Much better breathing. Merlin our tune up guru agrees its possibly one of the best ways to go.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 pm

sarusa wrote:
ReeceCozaa wrote:

Existing snorkel is restrictive, rub your hand under the existing snorkel , just above the battery and you will find there are 25 holes drilled here dragging in hot air. Obviously the makers found it was restrictive.

With existing snorkel, take of from stationary is a bit jerky, Ra one :- Smoother from take off and right on through. End of wheezy noise and in with a nice gentle roar on brisk acceleration. Much better breathing. Merlin our tune up guru agrees its possibly one of the best ways to go.

Damn, larger cold air volume and less restriction, I'm sold! You know any places to purchase? I found one eBay seller which sold out not long ago and the only other place I can find is RPW

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:19 am

Your Mitsubishi dealer, spare parts. :D

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:20 pm

sarusa wrote:Your Mitsubishi dealer, spare parts. :D

Oooooo how much did it go for at the dealership ?

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:48 am

$175 Fitted myself. Undo two clips at front, pull the old one out, push the new one on. Replace clips, one will have to be replaced with a longer one. Though just the one will hold it down till you get around to doing it.. Got one from Autobahn.
Holes in the front panel, my own design.

There are alternatives in the forums, Some much more sophisticated, alternatives to the holes, extending to added items to encourage ram air? effects.

Quite frankly I find what I have done is more then enough for the 2ltr NA engine and any more would be overkill.

To each their own! :D

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:41 pm

sarusa wrote:$175 Fitted myself. Undo two clips at front, pull the old one out, push the new one on. Replace clips, one will have to be replaced with a longer one. Though just the one will hold it down till you get around to doing it.. Got one from Autobahn.
Holes in the front panel, my own design.

There are alternatives in the forums, Some much more sophisticated, alternatives to the holes, extending to added items to encourage ram air? effects.

Quite frankly I find what I have done is more then enough for the 2ltr NA engine and any more would be overkill.

To each their own! :D

HAHAHAH cheers man! Gonna go on the hunt for it tomorrow, did you just call your local dealer and they had one on hand or did they have to get stock from a spare parts Center?

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:37 am

Had to get from spare parts centre. Just a couple of days.

dorzy17
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby dorzy17 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:20 am

http://www.shop.rpw.com.au/online-store ... etail.html someone confirm if this is the right one pls?

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:42 am

dorzy17 wrote:http://www.shop.rpw.com.au/online-store/products-by-vehicle-manufacturer-2/mitsubishi/lancer-fortis/mitsubishi-lancer-2007/air-intake-systems-35/air-inlet-ducting-snorkel-4b11-12-detail.html someone confirm if this is the right one pls?

Looks about right.....
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Return to “Buying & Trading”