***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

WTB Evo X auto

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

skygunner

WTB Evo X auto

Postby skygunner » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi all,

Turning 30 soon, so thought of rewarding myself with an EVO X. Probably still a little out of my budget in getting brand new one, so 08-10 model probably more realistic? Not rushing to buy, so anything with good value in the market in the next 12 months is preferable. Will probably replace my current CJ Lancer ES as an every day car (not decided if selling).

Now, I'm not a pro evo guy, in fact I never own an evo before (wanting, but no money before) , so I don't know really know "value" when I see one. Hoping you guys could help spot a good buy in the market within a budget of around $30k. Unfortunately automatic is a must, as my wife will be sharing the car and she's not very confident in driving manual, and I must admit I haven't drove manual car for little while now, and not really keen driving manual in every day freeway traffic. Not looking to finance, so instant money transfer/cash is possible with private seller too. Thanks for your help in advance!

P/S leaning towards white one atm

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:27 pm

Just had a look on car sales and there's an MR for 27k but in silver and is auto.

Just use the filters

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:42 am

If I had the money I'd get an EVO X, but at this point it would take a rich relative dropping dead or winning lotto.

Auto or Manual - Which is better in the EVO X?

I'm all for manual and have said I'd only get an auto if I got a RA, as you don't have a choice. Never understood when Mitsy did that. But how good are the auto EVOs with the paddle shift, is it really like having a manual but with the option to go full auto when you just want to sit back and relax or in heavy traffic?

Yes I know the 'auto' in the EVO/RA are in no way like the CVT Auto used in the rest of the CJ range.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:53 pm

Mine is for sale
$35,000
69,000 km
Just had general and SST service
Here is a basic run down

Evo X MR
- Greddy TI cat back
- Cherry red strut bar(OEM powder coated)
- Custom whitenight uicp (cherry red to match Strut bar)
- HKS SSQ IV BOV (also have OEM BOV on the way)
- Cosworth panel filter
- APR performance radiator cooling plate
- Grim speed 3-port
- Beeble tune (road tune ~215-220AWKW)
- giro disc slotted front rotors
- giro disc pads all round
- DBA HD rear rotors
- 2 sets of lights can have both of you want,
Custom OEM projectors (blacked out, upgraded lenses, upgraded bulbs, painted shields (demon eyes)) , Stock projectors with scorpion Motorsports eye lids
- Ralliart style foglight deletes (also have the stock foglights
- Jun style PU lip wrapped in cf (also have a ralliart style rexpeed front lip)
- OEM/Ralliart nose cover
- Varis style side vents (also have stock vents)
- APR performance GTC side mirrors (also have stock mirrors)
- Factory option "aero side skirts", also have stock standard side skirts
- OEM style rear bumper extensions (scorpion Motorsports)
- Factory optioned Ralliart exhaust heat shields
- 18x9.5+15 RPF-1's
- Neo chrome wheel nuts
- Tein street advance coilovers
- APR GT300 wing with optional CF gunnery flap, also have stock wing
- OEM Ralliart/black tail lights
-Factory option gear knob and hand brake lever
- Factory option push button start
I think that's it, that's what I can remember for now

My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

lathiat
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby lathiat » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:14 pm

The TC-SST Auto is an amazing transmission, take one for a drive and you will very likely fall in love with it. Very tame and gentle for day to day driving, and fantastic shifts when you put your foot down.

If you want to keep your car reasonably stock then it's a no brainer choice in my opinion.. take one for a drive and try it out :-)

There is a lot of here and there on them and much discussion, but things have changed a bit in the last year or two.

- It used to that be the transmission could only be repaired with complete OEM replacement for ~$10k, this is no longer true. OEM has some parts available including clutches and TCUs.
- After market support has ramped right up, there are MANY after-market parts now including complete rebuild kits, stock clutches and after-market clutches. Don't be afraid you'll simply have to replace the entire transmission anymore. This was true in the early years but is not true now. It may cost a few thousand to fix but it likely won't cost 10.
- It does limit your ability to modify and tune the car to some extent.. as there are limited people that know how to tune it well, and limits to how well you can tune it. Having said that with aftermarket clutches and ECU tuning there are people like kozmic putting down 500+HP OK. It's not just nearly as straight forward as modifying a manual.

So long story short.. take one for a drive, and don't discount it.. if you still don't love it then buy a manual because the Evo X is still an amazing car in either form.

$30k is doable but it is the bottom-end of the market at the moment.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Would love your EVO but don't have $35k, would you take a CC coupe that needs work :D jk
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Buying & Trading”