***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

WTB: Ralliart Exhaust :!:

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

WTB: Ralliart Exhaust :!:

Postby Trouble » Sat May 02, 2015 5:13 pm

Hey All,

Looking at buying a second hand catback / HFC - Ideally maybe an UR catback?

Hit me up if you have one for sale or see one on gumtree etc :)

*Note: Not so much interested in LOUD exhaust ie borla etc

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Sat May 02, 2015 6:42 pm

AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Sat May 02, 2015 7:30 pm

el3ment wrote:Try these guys. https://www.facebook.com/AKRacingAus

Cheers mate - thats what im planning if i cant find any second hand or used ones :)

just hoping someone wants to change theirs up or revert to stock!

Fingers crossed

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Trouble wrote:[quote:d7545b40d8=el3ment]Try these guys. https://www.facebook.com/AKRacingAus[/quote:d7545b40d8] Cheers mate - thats what im planning if i cant find any [i:d7545b40d8]second hand or used[/i:d7545b40d8] ones :) just hoping someone wants to change theirs up or revert to stock! Fingers crossed

They might have some 2nd hand ones
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Sat May 02, 2015 7:35 pm

el3ment wrote:[quote:e3ace81ae2=Trouble][quote:d7545b40d8=el3ment]Try these guys. https://www.facebook.com/AKRacingAus[/quote:d7545b40d8] Cheers mate - thats what im planning if i cant find any [i:d7545b40d8]second hand or used[/i:d7545b40d8] ones :) just hoping someone wants to change theirs up or revert to stock! Fingers crossed[/quote:e3ace81ae2] They might have some 2nd hand ones

Oh really? Well that would be helpful!

I've just emailed Alan earlier today - so ill bring it up when they reply

Cheers

Frizz
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Frizz » Sat May 02, 2015 11:51 pm

If you don't want anything too loud the best one I found so far is the CP-E catback (I have one without the extra resonator). The videos online don't do it justice and with a X turbo it just gets deeper. UR is just as loud or even louder than the borlas apparently, I wouldn't recommend either of them if you're after something quieter. Free to check mine out if you like.

the sam
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby the sam » Sun May 03, 2015 12:16 am

Anything with a transverse muffler will work better at keeping noise down than straight through mufflers. So look for one with the large single rear muffler similar to the stock exhaust.
230kw/430nm @ 24psi on E85
12.191 @ 108.81mph - Fastest stock turbo ralliart in Australia
www.facebook.com/BoostinJuiceTuningSydney
www.clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=369141#369141

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Sun May 03, 2015 12:21 am

Frizz wrote:If you dont want anything too loud the best one I found so far is the CP-E catback (I have one without the extra resonator). The videos online dont do it justice and with a X turbo it just gets deeper. UR is just as loud or even louder than the borlas apparently, I wouldnt recommend either of them if youre after something quieter. Free to check mine out if you like.

Alright cheers mate i'll check yours out

the sam wrote:Anything with a transverse muffler will work better at keeping noise down than straight through mufflers. So look for one with the large single rear muffler similar to the stock exhaust.

Okay so that would be similar to the Hyperflow exhaust then yes?

http://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/turb ... liart.html

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Sun May 03, 2015 1:07 am

Frizz wrote:If you dont want anything too loud the best one I found so far is the CP-E catback (I have one without the extra resonator). The videos online dont do it justice and with a X turbo it just gets deeper. UR is just as loud or even louder than the borlas apparently, I wouldnt recommend either of them if youre after something quieter. Free to check mine out if you like.

I saw a comment in your thread you mentioned youd consider stock catback and just upgrade to 100 cell HFC?

And then dump + front or just front pipe?

Could be an option

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sun May 03, 2015 8:39 am

Elliot - would you try just the HFC with stock muffler? Just changing the cat gives you more (tunable) power and also deepens the exhaust note a little. Could be a good place to start whilst you look?
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Sun May 03, 2015 11:22 am

bunnishiwa wrote:Elliot - would you try just the HFC with stock muffler? Just changing the cat gives you more (tunable) power and also deepens the exhaust note a little. Could be a good place to start whilst you look?

Yeah im actually considering this now

If i do the HFC do i need to do the front pipe also?

And do these fit onto the OEM ralliart exhaust fine?

the sam
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby the sam » Sun May 03, 2015 11:57 am

Yes that hyperflow looks good. It will still be loudish though! Might need another resonator in it to shut it up.

If you're thinking of doing a high flow cat on stock exhaust, I'd go for a 3" down pipe and 3" cat pipe as this will give the best gains and have it ready for more power when you want it.

If you are thinking of keeping stock exhaust make sure you do the rear muffler mod to reduce restriction. MRT have a video on it where you cut the rear muffler open and remove a couple of the baffles before welding it back up. Works a treat and gives it a nicer note too.

I have an aftermarket exhaust and I'm almost considering going back to stock exhaust as it's just too loud and I made great power on stock exhaust anyway...

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sun May 03, 2015 3:28 pm

Personally don't think the down pipe ads anything to the equation. The main restriction for our OEM exhausts is the cat. Also, there is f all difference between 100 & 200 CEL cats performance wise. I got the Depo racing one as it was a good price delivered. Definitely made a difference with the speed the boost comes on (200rpm less to peak boost (currently 24.6psi))
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03

- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)

- Lowered on Kings

- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP

- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system

- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

the sam
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby the sam » Sun May 03, 2015 3:42 pm

Maybe not on 98 on stock turbo, but there sure will be a difference when you get up above the 200-210wkw mark on e85 or evo x turbo. If the dp is only 150 to make or buy, it is a nice future proofing upgrade which will show slight gains on stock ralliart turbo...

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Sun May 03, 2015 7:44 pm

the sam wrote:Yes that hyperflow looks good. It will still be loudish though! Might need another resonator in it to shut it up. If youre thinking of doing a high flow cat on stock exhaust, Id go for a 3 down pipe and 3 cat pipe as this will give the best gains and have it ready for more power when you want it. If you are thinking of keeping stock exhaust make sure you do the rear muffler mod to reduce restriction. MRT have a video on it where you cut the rear muffler open and remove a couple of the baffles before welding it back up. Works a treat and gives it a nicer note too. I have an aftermarket exhaust and Im almost considering going back to stock exhaust as its just too loud and I made great power on stock exhaust anyway...

Do you have a link to the vid? May have to look into this - its definitely a cheaper option than going full TBE!

Return to “Buying & Trading”