***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

WTB: Evo X Spoiler

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

WTB: Evo X Spoiler

Postby Trouble » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Hey crew,

Just asking for moreeee advice as you guys seem to know everything about CJs!

Basically next mod im looking at is changing over my RA spoiler to an Evo X Spoiler

Have found these two:

1: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111512538510 ... 1423.l2649

2: http://www.x-factordesign.com/x1/productsevox.htm

Number one is from melbourne - number two overseas

I want a quality one rather than flimsy plastic that will break in courier + i want it 2 tone (the white with black inside)

Can you guys elaborate on your experiences or provide any other places to purchase from (these are still a bit exxy but im willing to pay for quality)

Ive also heard you need to drill extra holes on a RA to make them fit? Can anyone clarify?

Thanks! :D

Frizz
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Frizz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:26 pm

With the eBay one, that's the one I have. The inside parts looks different from the OEM but the install is the same.

Install wise it's not a direct bolt on, the boot will required to be drilled into - if you're not used to drilling into things then I'd suggest to get a friend to help you out with measuring and installing. Or you can go to a body shop which will probably be much easier, I decided to save myself 80-100 AUD and did it myself despite never having used a power tool. The holes ended up longer than they're supposed to be but it's all working fine! and I've insulated any extra space to prevent water leakage and it all fits snug, one with the car.

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:46 pm

Frizz wrote:With the eBay one, thats the one I have. The inside parts looks different from the OEM but the install is the same. Install wise its not a direct bolt on, the boot will required to be drilled into - if youre not used to drilling into things then Id suggest to get a friend to help you out with measuring and installing. Or you can go to a body shop which will probably be much easier, I decided to save myself 80-100 AUD and did it myself despite never having used a power tool. The holes ended up longer than theyre supposed to be but its all working fine! and Ive insulated any extra space to prevent water leakage and it all fits snug, one with the car.

Yeah id just be worried about the leakage haha

So hows the quality of it? Sturdy or what? The Ebay company said they dont restock till march so thats a bitch when im itching to get mine!

Frizz
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Frizz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Once I had the screws drilled in they're as sturdy and as tight as an ABS plastic spoiler can get. Craftsmanship is solid and I get mine in less than 2 days painted two tone and shipped to Sydney when they had stock.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:18 am

i believe #2 to be no longer available?
pity as it was 99% OEM with the black insert and all, its the one i have.
it arrived scrarched though and the shop didnt care :(

if the drilling inti the boot is the same as mine the extra hole is already marked out on the boot where 2 layers of metal become one, (one layer is already punched out) i didnt drill the third hole closer to the centre of the boot as it wasnt needed.

also i think i mentioned bodykits kingdom in another thread in brisbane, thats another option
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:01 am

i have a spare OEM evo X spoiler in Phantom Black if you are interested pm me a offer.

AidanO
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby AidanO » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:16 pm

while everyone is here, I don't think this is what OP was after, but instead of creating a new thread, does anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.carmate.com/product_details. ... ITLAN08XRW

I know it's plastic but I'm on a bit of a budget here, is the quality decent, or is it not worth it at all?

Cheers.

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:08 pm

megatron wrote:i have a spare OEM evo X spoiler in Phantom Black if you are interested pm me a offer.

Will hit you up VIA email since we're already chatting

AidanO wrote:while everyone is here, I dont think this is what OP was after, but instead of creating a new thread, does anyone have any experience with this? http://www.carmate.com/product_details. ... ITLAN08XRW I know its plastic but Im on a bit of a budget here, is the quality decent, or is it not worth it at all? Cheers.

Yeah interested in whether theres a significant decrease in those kind of spoilers

Just basically want a two tone spoiler - so interested to hear what they say about yours

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:11 pm

please be aware i`ve heard that some overseas suppliers have been known to cut them in half for freight costs, read the fineprint :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:37 pm

sleeper wrote:please be aware i`ve heard that some overseas suppliers have been known to cut them in half for freight costs, read the fineprint :)

Thatd be so fucked up haha

Return to “Buying & Trading”