***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

magnetic sump bolt????

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

magnetic sump bolt????

Postby gman90 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:43 pm

Magnetic sump bolt for evo x MR any local sellers got these or where to buy 1 ??????? Thanks Gary
Evolution X MR 712 GTP Turbo Upgrade. Pedders Sports Extrema Coil Overs, DBA 5000 Premium 2 piece Brake Rotors Front and Rear Rotors ,OME Black- Out Rear Taillights (Ralliart) Red Floor Illumination. White Line Centre Roll Adjust Kit.
Ecutek Custom Tune. 3in TurboXS. Turbo Back Exhaust.

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:00 pm

Why?

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:24 pm

+1

You are better of getting something like this

http://www.fumoto.com.au/
Think about how much surface area that tiny bolt has in order to pick up metal. and also how strong the magnetic force must be to keep it there and attract more?

your better of inspecting the used oil that gets drained.

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:48 pm

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-liter-l ... valve.html

that will explain the fumoto drain plug

if you want a magnetic sump plug, go to super crap auto and order one there about $10 (you can check through there online site parts guide or what ever it is), its a no name no brand but made in either USA or AUS and it is STEEL not the crap aluminium that is everywhere that strip and a break after tightening I used them on countless cars and no worries what so ever....

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Alloy engine, the only thing that will stick to a magnet is your rings or bearings and if they go a sump bolt want save the engine

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:27 pm

I had one of those quick drain valves on a Cordia Turbo I owned yrs ago, I was doing my own oil changes every 6 mo in between dealer services so when wedged under the car on ramps/stands it helped make things easier. Never had a problem with it at all.

As far as a putting a reasonable size magnet on bottom of sump right next to drain point, sure you could but if you look after your engine it shouldn't ever be making metal you would have to worry about. Car engines normally operate at very low power levels, especially when cruising along compared to aircraft piston engines for example that operate at high power outputs most of the time so wear and tear should be minimal until the engine has a lot of mileage on it.
Best protection is regular servicing and oil changes and observing limits like redline rpm etc.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby gman90 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks for all the fed back everyone Cheers Gazza :D
Evolution X MR 712 GTP Turbo Upgrade. Pedders Sports Extrema Coil Overs, DBA 5000 Premium 2 piece Brake Rotors Front and Rear Rotors ,OME Black- Out Rear Taillights (Ralliart) Red Floor Illumination. White Line Centre Roll Adjust Kit.

Ecutek Custom Tune. 3in TurboXS. Turbo Back Exhaust.

Return to “Buying & Trading”