***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NSW member - ES wheel/tyre purchase

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

NSW member - ES wheel/tyre purchase

Postby Bandit » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:28 am

Hi I'd like to see if anyone in NSW is willing to sell me an ES wheel/tyre combo they might have lying around after getting some alloys.

After needing to use the space saver spare last night, it is thoroughly shit and I'd like to have a proper wheel/tyre in the back of the car for next time.

Please reply here or send me a message. Thanks.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:32 am

You should be able to pick one up at a tyre shop locally pretty cheap - they usually sell the steelie for $50~ and whatever the tyre costs.

Give Blairs Tyres a call in Narellan, good bunch of guys. :)

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:41 am

Ok daveee I will try - thanks for your help.

A new Advan A10 is around $300 - I paid $290 for a replacement one this morning....
ClubCJ's first Sportback

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:48 am

Ouch, no chance of it being repaired at all? :(

A tyre for a regular ES/Steel wheel should only be around $80-$120 depending on the quality you want to go for. Yoko Adrives are around $110 from Blairs - they are what I had on my old ES.

If it's just a spare you could get away with a really cheap tyre as it wont be in regular use.

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:05 am

No chance - I could stick my index finger in the hole - which went all the way through past the steel belting. She must have driven over something good!
ClubCJ's first Sportback

minimumtrade
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby minimumtrade » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:30 am

daveee wrote:Ouch, no chance of it being repaired at all? :(

A tyre for a regular ES/Steel wheel should only be around $80-$120 depending on the quality you want to go for. Yoko Adrives are around $110 from Blairs - they are what I had on my old ES.

If it's just a spare you could get away with a really cheap tyre as it wont be in regular use.

You won't find a brand name tyre for an ES for <$150. They are still require 205/60R16 like the wheels on VR.

My dealer fitted a Bridgestone Excellence tyre to a full size steel spare.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:56 am

I just figured they would be like all previous ES wheels like on the 02-07 models which were common as crap. I guess not.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:12 pm

Sorry about waking up this old thread, first time CJ buyer.

About to pick up an 09' VRX and it has a space saver, took some photos and on the tyre plate it's T125/70D16, which by my calculations is some 10% smaller than the road tyres on the VRX.

First I've seen other CJs with full size spares in the boot and they take up way too much space, not good for day to day use of the car. That said the space saver seems under sized for the car, how is this legal?

Is there any middle ground, something wider than the SS but not as wide as the VRX road tyres?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Buying & Trading”