Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

AdamD
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

AdamD, and his MY12 SX

Postby AdamD » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi all,

Just had my new car a week. Picked her up with only 6kms on her. Stoked about that.

I know that she is a MY12, but I've looked at the plates and VIN on the car and they state she's a CY model, not a CJ. Never heard of the CY.

CAn anyone shine some light on this subject?

Cheers

Adam

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi Adam welcome to the club.

CY is the model number that Japan gives it, so it is normal.

Australia we call it the CJ.

Can you post some pictures of your ride and let us know what it has extra over the MY11 as you are the first MY12 owner in the club?

AdamD
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby AdamD » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:08 pm

As far as I can tell, it's got the Bluetooth, and that really the only difference.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:05 pm

It's actually is pretty difficulty looking for a good article about the MY12 model. But there definitely would me something more than bluetooth (I have an MY10 CJ and I've got bluetooth)... the difference probably won't be as much as the change from 2010 to 2011 (hell I don't even have auto-up on my windows)

Welcome to the club Adam!

AdamD
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby AdamD » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:50 am

There was a MY11 SX parked next to my car on the lot, a sportback though, mine being a sedan. And the only difference I could tell was that mine had bluetooth as a standard feature.

SX seems really good features wise. Has the blacked out tail lights (black altezza's), VRX spoiler, Crap 16"wheels, iPod and USB connectivity as standard through USB slot in the Glove box, cruise control, really bad stereo system, auto up on the drivers window :D , leather steering wheel with all these buttons that only a 14 year old would understand, centre armrest.

The car needs a bit of playing with to bring up to scratch. The air intake is woeful. Springs make the car float like a boat (my last car was an MX5), rear visibility is non existent. And is so damn QUIET!!!

But the good points outweigh the bad, so I'm happy.

I used to work for Mitsubishi as a salesman but left before these puppies came out, and I must say that these are awesome looking vehicles.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:40 pm

The SX is very good value Adam. The only thing that is missing, for me, are the airdams which they have on the Activ model.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:56 am

Good choice. I don't have any problems at all with mine. I even love the stereo and the wheels.

The Bluetooth has actually been standard since November 2010. Mine came with it standard in February.

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:15 am

Quixand wrote:The SX is very good value Adam. The only thing that is missing, for me, are the airdams which they have on the Activ model.

Activ does not come with front air dams.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 am

Alloys arnt that bad on that model. Think it depends what generation your in. A young person generally loves the 18inch wheels etc loud exhaust. When you get to my age things like that are not as important. Trust me if I was 18-19 again there would be 19" wheels on my car and would drop it 60mm lol :) SX has a good package.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 am

but it had side airdams.. I just needed to add the front and rear (Mitsubishi ones) and I was set.

As I said, love the package of the SX but to me personally it was only missing the airdams which I think they could have easily added since it was on the Activ.

AdamD
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby AdamD » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:26 am

It can be pretty tricky working out what comes with each car, as some manufactures (i.e. Mitsubishi), have a tendency to change things all to often, and come up with "special" models. Activ is just an ES when it hits the dealership, Mitsu send them a package and the workshop throws it on, this can even include the wheels.

Whats worse is that some dealerships even decide to make up their own models by stickering them, throwing on a bodykit and some wheels.

Having worked in the industry I used to see this all the time and I hated it. For me, it ruins the car. (Not the Factory extra's like the Activ, but when dealerships do it.)

Anyways, just got the front vinyl from Mitsu, to cover the area where the number plate goes. DO NOT get this. Looks silly, doesn't cover everything, and when you have a white car...

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:26 am

Yes the OEM front blackout isn't the best blackout to get as I well and truly know, why mitsu didn't cover the tow hook area is beyond me. On the plus side there vinyl is more stronger and lasts longer compared to conventional vinyl.
In Mitsubishis eyes, I'm gathering your average person that wants a front black out who has isn't into modding or joining car clubs etc, would be satisfied with there OEM blackout.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:28 am

Also I have seen a SX-R model lancers floating about. Has a aftermarket body kit that the dealers put on,and the front blackout etc.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”