Gday from Sydney Aspire owner - race5l

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

race5l
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Gday from Sydney Aspire owner - race5l

Postby race5l » Wed May 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi all, heres a quick answer to all the suggested questions before a more explanitory speel :wink:

Real first name: Aaron
Model: 2009 Aspire
Colour: Black
General interests: Cars, family, stripping cars
Current mods: NIL
Planned mods: Towbar, rims, improving shocking factory cabin noise, front tint
How you found out about ClubCJ: Search on towbars lol
..anything else you want to entertain us with:

My wife and I have owned the Aspire since new and sadly, it's seen the short end of the stick as far as mods are concerned. Every oher car in the family has seen mods except this one, mainly due to time constraints, and issues with spending money on things not needed after dealer intervention lol.
I also have a 5.7L solid cammed 370rwhp fuel guzzler in the shed that is due to serve as a weekender when finished, and a Starlet as a daily.
Pics of all soon ;)

spareparts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby spareparts » Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 pm

hey hey welcome to the club
the voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas :D:D
..... If streets could talk they would Beg For Mercy!!! 151.6kw & 330nm @ all 4 paws .....

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed May 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Welcome to ClubCJ Aaron.

All the mods you could possibly spend money on can be found here, so Seek, Select & Spend.

Hope to see you at a meet soon.

Regards: Sam....:wink:
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Aaron welcome to the club.

I have a tow bar and it was fitted by halls tow bars. I found the tow bar was fine but i had to modify the tongue with a 6mm spacer so it cleared the rear bumper bar. I did not want them to cut a slot for the tongue as it looks ugly.

I keep my tongue in the spare tyre well and only fit it when required. lol I have not used it as i have now got a work transit van that can tow 3 tonne and does not cost me fuel.

I do not have the factory wiring loom for the traler plug as i felt it was to expensive. My trailer wiring is just cut in to my original looms.

If you need any help please just ask.

race5l
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby race5l » Wed May 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Cheers for the welcome guys ;) Look forward to joining a meet soon.

aspir3 wrote:Hi Aaron welcome to the club.
I have a tow bar and it was fitted by halls tow bars. I found the tow bar was fine but i had to modify the tongue with a 6mm spacer so it cleared the rear bumper bar. I did not want them to cut a slot for the tongue as it looks ugly.

The comment about the 6mm spacer in the towbar thread made my mind up with what to look for before becoming an active member.. I ordered a Hayman Reese setup for install on Friday :) Did the factory bolts have enough thread for the 6mm plate? or did you get longer bolts? As much as i'd like to fit the tow pack myself to save money, i'd just spent the last week under a late model Commodore changing diff cradles, cut down a 12m pine tree and constructed 2 built in robes from scratch and need a rest lol. The tow setup will pay for itself once I strip and sell the items from its first use ;)

Kimmy
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Kimmy » Thu May 05, 2011 6:26 am

Welcome :)
(cj-grey)Ride of the Month April 2011
My ride thread: Click here!
My garage: Click here!

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Thu May 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Gday Aaron, welcome to the club. Hope you enjoy your stay.

As far as mods concern, u need not worry. there seems to be a bug thats going around this forum. its call the moding bug and its bitting down on many menbers real hard. when u have a look at what others are doing,. you will get ur ideas hahaha.
燒

race5l
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby race5l » Thu May 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Cheers Kyrus...

I already have a 1982 Commodore that has been fully restored and is close to finished.. So the Aspire gets a back seat due to this and because I have recently transferred it from finance to salary sacrifice through work. Due to the way the lease is setup, we do all our big trips in the Aspire, leading to just over 40,000km a year.. As things break i'll upgrade, but it's hard toget over the fact that in just over 3 years we will have a 5yr old car with around 200,000km on it that the lease company will want $12,000 to buy out.. At this stage it's hard to say whether we will give it up or keep it, so we are hesitating on mods that are unable to be removed..
Here's a pic of my toy, and of the Aspire ;)

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”