***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

I'm new and I have a question about my car.

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

I'm new and I have a question about my car.

Postby ofey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 pm

I've been on this club awhile now and I've found that many new joinees find it hard to find answers to questions they have.

I've written a few things which I've been told are helpful.
So what I've decided to do is group these posts in one collated thread/post.
This will also help those who are asked, to find links. *saves us repeating*

I'll be adding to this as I go along.
If you know of any threads that I or someone else has written you think will help newbies, please PM me the link.

--
How do I improve the performance of my NA Lancer?

I want a RA Front Bumper. How do I do it?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

rx3ip
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby rx3ip » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi , I just bought an evo x sst .. is there anyway that we can reduce lag from standing start ? cheers

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Just pump the Accelerator a little to force the car to engage the clutch without it moving, then your ready to go

A tune will also reduce the lag a little and help the fuel effiency alot.

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Hey - Someone told me last night that we would increase the performance and fuel consumption simply by changing to a K&N filter, is this true? (2010 RA)
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

Joshuabeynon
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Joshuabeynon » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:51 pm

^ I would love to know this too
Joshua

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Mitsi wrote:Hey - Someone told me last night that we would increase the performance and fuel consumption simply by changing to a K&N filter, is this true? (2010 RA)

No.

If you install the RA snorkel (air intake pipe), install a freer-flowing exhaust system and then get a dyno tune you'll get a noticeable result; just installing a K&N will give you nice intake slurpy noises, but no performance boost...

(This assumes your current filter isn't dirty, if it is, just buy a new stock filter for a handful of $$$)

If you jump onto YouTube and check the MCM (Mighty Car Mods) channel, it'll explain it!

:-D

Megatron has access to well-priced RA snorkels if you want to go that route...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Ray
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:56 am

Tried mounting tow hooks: benen tow hook on the front bumper and password jdm tow hook for the rear. However, once i took the tow caps off the bumper, i realised the Canadian Lancer doesn't have any support for the toww hook to screw into. Its just a solid piece of metal from the crash beam beneath the bumpers - no holes / support for tow hook to latch. Maybe this is just a problem with Canadian spec lancers.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I know that just because I have a CVT, it is prohibited (my mitsubishi) to be towed from the rear, hence no tow support from the rear and prohibited to be towed or pulled straight on from the front, (so only tow support in front under the bumper/ chassis designed to lift front wheels off the ground) . But im puzzled on how to go about mounting the front and rear tows. Maybe drill into the crash beams, then weld a bolt onto it?(to screw tow hook) or maybe a self-tapping bolt/nut....or have a farbicate and weld a bracket ..... any ideas?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Do you have any pictures from behind your bumpers where the tow hooks are suppose to go?

nikil.de-lautour
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: I'm new and I have a question about my car.

Postby nikil.de-lautour » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:50 pm

Hello, im new to the group and would like some assistance please!

I have bought a 2009 Ralliart Lancer and am having some issues with it..

The idle is rough.. the RPM needle bounces around between 500rpm and 900rpm.. and the engine light has just come on due to this i think.. the only modification is a HKS panel filter that was already fitted when i bought the car.. Any ideas about this?

Also

The "sports" mode feels way too manic for some reason.. revs really high every gear and does not really drop back down through the gears quick enough when slowing down.. is this normal??

Also

Theres a crackling noise coming from underneath the car after i turn it off.. stays for about 5 minutes.. is this normal?? Seems strange that the noise hangs around for so long!!

Any assistance is much appreciated!!
To not give your best, is to sacrifice the gift

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”