Waiting... waiting...

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Waiting... waiting...

Postby anzac_77 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 am

Last Wednesday I took the leap and bought a SX Sportsback from Zupps Mt Gravatt. I had done my homework on the car and finances and determined it was the best fit for my circumstances.

On the day the finance guy was trying like mad to get me to sign up for his offer, indicating i could have the car by the end of the week (New Years). I was only interested in going with my credit union, so knew it would come sometime this week. I had told him a few times i need the car no later than this thursday, on the contract he gave a delivery date of 3 Jan.
Also got a call from the salesman on Friday morning saying he couldnt get my preferred colour (Effect Grey) so I accepted the Cool Silver which is fine.

The finance came through on Friday afternoon, which my bank manager shot off to them around 2pm. I tried ringing the sales guy twice, the second time was told they had all left early for New Years, and nobody there to check that my car was ordered. I got a call from him first thing Tuesday to say the car was ordered (from holding yard in Burleigh) and he would get the VIN and rego numbers to me ASAP so I could get the insurance and loan docs sorted out.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of what a reasonable delivery turnaround is for a new car, given that the car is in stock 100km away. Also interested in getting any feedback about Zupps in general.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:50 am

Welcome to the club Phil.

Delivery time can take as little as a few days, but this time of year is different. People are on leave and then there is all the public holidays.

The person who normally does the paper work may be on leave.

I would prefer to wait a month and get what I want.

The dealers will normally give you a loan car while you wait for your car to be delivered.

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:46 am

Just got off the phone to the sales manager, turns out the car was on a boat that was offloaded in Townsville, so gotta wait for the waters to recede a bit so they can truck it down to Bris.

Not exactly happy bout having to wait but guess the floods are a bit out of everyones control. Was originally told it was in stock down here, but if its fresh off the ship at least it should be younger :-)

Said to him I would rather have been told about this upfront rather than sitting waiting, at least now i dont have to sit round waiting for a call.

Morphedjay
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Morphedjay » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 am

how about this for a turn around

looked at the car on week before christmas liked it so after christmas bought it and got it new years eve, not one but 2 cars

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Much happier now, sales manager got back to me just after lunch, seems he was on the phone to Mitsubishi Australia and they have a car identical to my specs at their facility in Brisbane getting fitted out, so will be delivered next week, and with 2011 compliance plates.

I had sent them an email earlier in the day suggesting they could always offer me an ex-demo VR for the same price but they wouldnt go for it. No harm in asking i guess.

Not too bothered by the lack of hands-free bluetooth, was thinking of asking about a cash price to get it, see what they come up with.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 pm

To be honest you got mucked around and Mitsu didn't live up to their end of the bargain. I'd be pushing for some extras/accessories from the dealer.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 pm

Sofar got floor mats & a tank of petrol, few days ago gave them a list of things i wouldnt mind getting, will see what they are willing to throw in (and compared to the list on here they charging about twice as much as they are worth, so wouldnt spend money there).
Just let them know i got a call this morning from another dealer i got a price from... they can have me a car by Tuesday, lets see how Zupps react to that...

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks for the welcomes, my son is being born sometime today so have more on my plate at the moment. At this stage picking up the car on Thurs, hopefully in time to drive him home from hospital in it.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:52 pm

How Lovely Phil Your Son is being Born Today *baby* ...Best Wishes To you & Your Family .... And It will make your CJ Even more Special Bringing your Baby Son Home in your new Car :)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Hey Phil
That's awesome news about your son's pending arrival Congratulations mate
Welcome to ClubCJ and let us know if there's anything we can assist with in your ownership/modding journey
The QLD crew will make you feel most welcome if you can make a cruise
Keep an eye on the QLD cruise section and make the Search function on the toolbar your friend
Cheers Chris. *yo*
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks, he was born yesterday afternoon, all well. His mother and I separated a few months ago (not my choice, but trying to make the most of it). Got my daughter will me for all this week which is good, as soon as the rain slows a bit i can take her up to meet her little brother.

I would love to pick up my son in my new CJ, that depends on Zupps actually sticking to the schedule they told me last thurs (car currently goin thru compliance so will b 5 working days, which is tomorrow)... I have an escape clause to get me out of the contract, but then have to start the whole process with another car yard...

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Congrats On The Birth of your Baby Son Phil ... Glad all went well :)

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

My daughter got to meet her little brother this morning which was priceless. Also got a couple of complications regarding my new car, thanks to the flood
1. the car is going thru compliance at the port of brisbane, which is closed indefinitely
2. my loan is through my credit union, whose building was one of the first in the CBD to get flooded, so their computer systems are down therefore i cant get the bank cheque issued even if zupps gets my car tomorrow

On a better note, i spoke to my salesman who has loaned me a brand new ES to play with until my wheels arrived, i told him i wanted to drive our son home tomorrow and he was very happy to help. the only problem is my ex-wife is adamant that we had spoken a few months ago about her mum driving them home not me (not fair since at the time the new car wasnt even on the horizon).. ah well, at least the first time i drive him it will be in daddy's REAL car :P

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:39 pm

That would of been priceless Phil Your Daughter meeting her little Brother *baby* ... Bub can have a Ride in Dads new car *car* .....

Gosh I hope your car is safe at the Port in Brisbane ?

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”