Please Read First WELCOME To ClubCJ Introduce Yourself

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Agnostic
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: Please Read First WELCOME To ClubCJ Introduce Yourself

Postby Agnostic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi. New member from Sydney here. I'm currently preparing a newly-acquired 2011 SX sportsback for blue slip registration. I would have loved a sporty version but compromised on the SX CVT to share with my family, including a new young driver. I've never owned a 4 cylinder auto before, so this will be an experience for me. My daughter has a CVT version too and I've driven it, albeit not hard, so I have some idea of the CVT limitations.
I'll be balancing my desire for some modest mods with the usual practicalities and limitations of life. Most likely a subtle audio upgrade, for instance.
When I've fixed up the paint finish I'll post some photos, using my experience as a photographer to show it in its best light

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:06 pm

Welcome to the club my friend, the cvt is honestly a great option for the family, I mean sometimes I wish it was a manual for some more fun but my mum, dad and partner both love how smooth the cvt is haha, hope you get all you need to learn from the forum and the best of luck!
We are all in it for the fun!

Agnostic
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Agnostic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:45 pm

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/5564/qCXzFp.jpg

It will be a while before my car is worthy of a photograph, so I am posting my photo of my daughters 2010 sportsback. Since this shot was taken it has 17 inch alloys fitted but now has some cosmetic issues, so no new photos just yet. Hopefully my new imageshack account link works. Also, I wasn't sure where to post this in the forums.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:23 am

Nice! It’s a family of lancers hahaha, I’m sure all of it will be sorted soon

P-PlateRalliart
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby P-PlateRalliart » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi all new owner of a white 2010 lancer Ralliart tires and tech upgrade already done looking for some recommendations

cheers

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:36 am

Welcome
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:52 am

Welcome to the club! If you look around the mods sections you’ll be sure to find plenty of good stuff to start on :)

Chase DeFox
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Chase DeFox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi All!

I'm Chase. A new member. Got a lightly modified '08 VR Lancer. Lotsa fun!! Hope to do some track days eventually.. Forza only satisfies so much.. hehe. Gimme a toot if ya see me out on the road! :D

Cheers!

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:48 pm

welcome to the club my friend! i wanna do a track day myself eventually, would be fun just to really push it for a day xD

wallaw819
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby wallaw819 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:29 pm

hi new to this site but have owned my used 08 (cy4) lancer gt 2.0 manual for a year now. A problem crop out yesterday but cannot find anything so need some advise.
Engine is overheating (about 93°C) when a/c is off but when a/c is on temp. drop to 85°C (which is normal I assume). Check both fan motors and both working. need some advise on these.
1. Is there a low/high speed for the radiator fan?
2. Does the fan control relay (5 pin relay) start the radiator fan when temp. is high? if yes this relay should be faulty right? however when the a/c is on both fan (radiator/condensor) start instantly so is the same fan control relay controlling this? a bit confused here.
Appreciate all comments. thanks.
Back to enjoying the row-yourself-transmission after 20 years of auto.

Pharo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Pharo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:11 pm

:hallo:
I am new to this site and have only recently purchased a 2011 CJ ralliart and absolutly love this car . Have done some modifications 3 port selonoid , tune and NGK ILKR8E6 spark plugs, K&N drop in air filter , 3" exhaust running straight through . Pulling 191KW peak. i WANT MORE. :)
I am late bloomer and want to gain knowledge and share also.

Looking for an EVO x oem intercooler if anyone know whos selling at a resonable price ??

Thanks guys
:hallo:
2014 Evo x GSR
K&N Typhoon CAI
Grimspeed 3 port
Nvidia N1 dual cat back
Fab test pipe & Dump
Turbosmart wastegate

Shmuk
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Shmuk » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 pm

CarNooby wrote:hey, i just bought my second car which is a 2008 Lancer VRX which i will modify and plan to enjoy driving in :) :D

eyy im new too!
I also bought my 2nd car two days ago and it alsio is a 2008 VRX which i will also "modify and plan to enjoy driving in "

my one has a 'Check ASC' light on which is a feelsbad man. might have to get some black tape =0

RavenFox
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby RavenFox » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Riviera21 wrote:G’day Guys

I’m the new owner of a Cool Silver MY09 Aspire which I plan to do a little work on to make a stylish daily commute. Sadly I’m currently studying so this will be a slow process due to a tight budget! One of the first things I’m doing at the moment is hooking up a Google Chromecast to the MMCS to stream music from my phones Spotify as well as directions from Google Maps. Currently living in the Adelaide Hills.

Cheers!

Your Chromecast will need a mobile wifi modem to work. You can get them at officeworks. I've got one hooked up to my kenwood head unit.
RA intake, TOG air filter, pedders street suspension, Twm full cage short shifter, RRM lightened crank pulley, 67mm throttle body, supercircuit 4-2-1, rapid straight through sports exhaust, ultraracing parts, T2 slotted rotors all round. Most importantly Merlinised. And stuff.....yeah she's not stock anymore.

adamjsp
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby adamjsp » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:07 am

Hey everyone,
Lurker around here for a little bit, bought myself a 08' VRX/GTS sedan with 114k kms / 70k miles.
I've had an annoying rattle coming from what sounds like under the front right side (driver's side in AUS) that comes and goes as I throttle.
It usually kicks in at around 1.5k rpms and sticks around till 2700ish. Went and banged on the exhaust and it didn't sound like anything was loose or rumbling. I'm also looking to replace the exhaust for a nicer sound, and would like some budget recommendations for it.
Thanks heaps!,
Adam
2008 VRX Sedan, bone stock for now.

eethan.cclark
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby eethan.cclark » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:28 am

Good morning, my names Ethan, from North Queensland and I’m a newbie to this forum. I’ve recently got a 2017 black edition lancer and currently modifying it. My vehicle is fitted with an aftermarket exhaust, wheels and a new coil over suspension on the way. Very keen to see different variations of this vehicle and read up on different modifications you can do on this car. Hope everyone has a good Chrissy and a New year,

Cheers, :D

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”