***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Please Read First WELCOME To ClubCJ Introduce Yourself

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Silencer
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Silencer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:36 am

Hi, im new to the page and cant wait to see all the awesome done up lancers.

Currently doing up my 2015 es lancer.. Silencer

Would love a front lip for her but cant find anything, thinking im gonna have to find a different bumper just to attach one?

Keen to hear from you all.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: New Member

Postby sarusa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Silencer wrote:Hi, im new to the page and cant wait to see all the awesome done up lancers.

Currently doing up my 2015 es lancer.. Silencer

Would love a front lip for her but cant find anything, thinking im gonna have to find a different bumper just to attach one?

Keen to hear from you all.

Welcome Silencer, You will find heaps in these forums. Regarding front lips,have come across some in these forums
and alternative, universal one. One thing to go for asp is a RalyArt inlet snorkel, makes a wold of difference and
only $175 from Mitsubishi dealer. Smoother take off more even pick up right through the whole rev: range
plus great honey sweet sound. A good start for future performance mods: I too have a MY15 ES Sport.

If your on original Yokohama tyres that is a major contribution to the noisy interior. Threw out the original tyres on my car at 3,000ks and
fitted 215 60 16 Bridgestone turanza serenity plus tyres. Much quieter and more comfortable car. Able to speak in whispers, front and back seats at 100kph. But yes I have added insulation as well. Spray on sound deadener under car an have also sound proofed boot and boot lid. Still catching up with the rest of the intended sound proofing. Doing all myself. Not bad for Geriatric delinquent!! :D !

Have placed in forums pretty well all I've done.Which isn't that much. My aim is a sweet running quiet comfortable car, from the original harsh
bundle of fun and joy, toy that I bought. Love my car. :)

PS what state do you live in, I'm in Victoria.

CharleyJB
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: Please Read First WELCOME To ClubCJ Introduce Yourself

Postby CharleyJB » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi y’all, I’m Charley.
Currently living in Brisbane, previously from Sydney but before that, Boston MA.

Bought my 2015 Ralliart Lancer a Little Under 2.5 years ago.
His name is Bruce & he’s a beast!

Cant wait to see what I learn from you guys.
Excited to finally have people, other than my Dad to talk about cars with.
My Fiance isn’t into cars AT ALL, so this club is gonna be awesome!

Cheers guys,
Safe travels
86C80AA9-A314-4E33-8391-62719D389C3A.jpeg
My 2015 Ralliart Bruce & my Dad’s 2013 Ralliart named Sexy Boy
86C80AA9-A314-4E33-8391-62719D389C3A.jpeg (232.72 KiB) Viewed 12331 times

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:27 am

Welcome to club cj

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:03 am

(cj-red) Welcome to the Club
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

drew9441
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby drew9441 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a 2012 Lancer VRX and am from Queensland, Australia! Hope to get some great tips from here! :D

Cheers,

Drew

paulo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby paulo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi All,
Besides the CE Lancer Coupe and the S40Volvo, (not to mention the Datsun240Z,yes there is a CJ) in the driveway, I like the marque. I changed to King Springs at 62K and immediately had creaking sounds - I suspected that the shocks were too long and caused issues to the top mounts (maybe 15mm to 20mm), and at around 100K the shocks failed. Could anyone recommend a product (KYB/Bilstein, etc) they would be satisfied with given a variety of road surfaces. I occasionally do forest rally's and support for AMSAG events, as an official on not always good surfaces. The King springs gave no appreciable difference on road and have been less than satisfactory in most surfaces due to I suspect being not being a higher spring/wire diameter (measured against standard springs).
Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paulo

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Hey Paulo,there isn't much available KYB or ULTIMA are about it. We use Ultima as replacements in customer cars at work and they appear to be quite good. Don't know if they make a heavy duty type for the Lancers you'd have to check with them. Going to Johns River in March?
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR

"Don't back off until you hit something"

paulo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby paulo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 am

Hi Lancerdarryl,

Yes, Johns River is definitely on the calendar!

Will look up KYB/ ULTIMA - thanks for your suggestion.

NobleOne
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby NobleOne » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’m from Adelaide and am in the process of buying a 2012 VRX Sedan. I have a list of modifications I want to do but not the knowledge to go with it, which is why I joined this page. I am a P Plater and want to ultimately make my car look as sporty and as close to an Evo X as possible (yes one of those guys). If anyone has any helpful information for me that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Welcome to the club! To get started, performance wise always remember that unless you get into serious engineering and modification like engine swaps and such the power of a vrx (2.4) will never even touch the evo x power, look wise, you can defs get it on par, with s back bumper swap, spoiler swap, custom exhaust or an Ralliart muffler fabricated onto your car then the general black out of the front grille and some other stuff too, best mods you can to do these from What I know is get a Ralliart air duct, a Custom exhaust done if it’s single exit then I’d go 2.5imch catback, if you’re going dual exits then I’d stick to 2.25inch! Other then that, a tune is a good way to go, preferably Merlin tune, another good thing to do is to wrap your air box and duct in gold heat reflective tape! Hope I’ve helped! Heaps of threads to be of assistance :)
We are all in it for the fun!

NobleOne
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby NobleOne » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks ReeceCozaa,

For the rear bumper swap and I was thinking of doing a bonnet swap aswell, do the parts from a RalliArt lancer fit onto VRX and CJ models?

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:03 pm

NobleOne wrote:Thanks ReeceCozaa,

For the rear bumper swap and I was thinking of doing a bonnet swap aswell, do the parts from a RalliArt lancer fit onto VRX and CJ models?

They do indeed, most parts are interchangeable, panel wise, there were some exhaust changes between 2011 and 2014, there is something in another thread about that, or could be the chat. but most other parts are homologous between models.
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Like said above^ only parts that want swap are some panels from the EVO due to is being wider then the lancer and Ralliart, so you won’t be able to swamp bumpers, mainly just bonnets!
We are all in it for the fun!

TheLancerMan84
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby TheLancerMan84 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi all, Names Rohan owner of a 2017 ES lancer. thanks for letting me join. Was wondering what sort of mods or upgrades i can do to the car.

So far i was looking at spoiler, rims, and maybe lowering it, then get a new exhaust system.

Also when is the next car meet down in Melb would be nice to meet some of you guys/girls. Cheers

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”