New Ralliart Owner - Sydney

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Welcome and good choice :D

Yeah ECU tunes are undetectable as Mitsu never has a reason to go through your system, and if they do, all they see are the normal file names so they don't notice anything!

Ie, you have no reason not to tune it. :P

J-ralli
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby J-ralli » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Woww thats good to know that its undetectable. I guess i can then atleast get the ECU flash done..next Question who does the best & reliable ECU Flash...

Also wanted to ask you guys how to drive the new RA for the first 1000 or so. Some say let it rip others say drive smoothly and don’t take off from the lights….what did you do with yours??
Blue Ralli - MY10 with MMCS Pack

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:31 pm

yeah, different opinions on that run in period, i`ll go with "just drive it like u will be later" thats convenient ;)
as to the best tuner, i`ll leave that to your local members to answer.

good driving. 8)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:42 pm

J-ralli wrote:Also wanted to ask you guys how to drive the new RA for the first 1000 or so. Some say let it rip others say drive smoothly and don’t take off from the lights….what did you do with yours??

dude, as the saying goes "drive it like you stole it!" :D
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA
Whiteline/Ultra-Racing/Rexpeed/Autometer/Yokohama Racing/Cusco
...and some other stuff which the fun police don't approve of... :)

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:30 pm

J-ralli wrote:Woww thats good to know that its undetectable. I guess i can then atleast get the ECU flash done..next Question who does the best & reliable ECU Flash...

Also wanted to ask you guys how to drive the new RA for the first 1000 or so. Some say let it rip others say drive smoothly and don’t take off from the lights….what did you do with yours??

Drive it like you stole it.

No need to run new cars in. They are build to such high tolerances it is not needed and they are run at the factory for a little time to test.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Is there any merit in running-in the brakes for 100 or so?

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Brakes is one of a few things that actually do need to bed in. So light braking for 250-500kms is recommended

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Dire wrote:Is there any merit in running-in the brakes for 100 or so?

Driving will not help bed your brakes in. Not sure what Mitsubishi do but most manufacturers test their cars on a rolling machine to test for engine and brakes, before delivery.

Stopping will. Same thing as the engine. The discs and pads wont need to bed in as they should be so close.

Never hurts to take it easy when you first get a car. You are unaware of the controls and the feel of the car.

One thing I find with new car are they are very quiet and smooth and it is very easy to relax in them and that is often when you have an accident.

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:16 pm

J-ralli wrote:Hey Laura thanks for your reply.

So going by your comments you did enjoy the car stock for a while :D

Haha, yes... for a little while! :D I got the RA end of March, and funds have been the main reason for the delay in modding. That and i'm trying to just be happy with what i've already got... this can change spending time around here, lol. Very tempting to try and keep up with the other's who are getting such awesome results from their mods.

Where/who are you getting your car tuned from?

I'm going through club sponsor RPW, which is easy for me coz they're in Perth :) They do offer the ECU tune via mail order, although unless you can organise to get the files off your ECU to send to them this isn't necessarily the easy option for you. I'm sure one of the Sydney/NSW guys could point you in the right direction here.

Hehe yea I know everyone says once the tuning bug bites....its never ending...lol I think when its time to go for a tune I am considering MRT's XA...warranty reasons...I have heard mixed reviews abt them too...

Most definitely, my list is getting longer and now it's just down to priority which i do first. lol.

As other's have now gone over the MRT warranty thing i don't need to add to that. I will be getting a cat-back exhaust, but it won't be through MRT as they are too expensive for me. I'm happy enough to get an aftermarket fitted by RPW. I modded the exhaust on my last car (an MY07 CH Lancer) with no probs in the 2.5 years i had it, so i'm happy to "run the gauntlet" here i guess!

There's no need to rush the mods, the car is pretty awesome as is, but i do recommend the K&N panel (air) filter. It made a fairly noticible difference to power and mileage in mine, for such a minor change. And cheap too :)

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:45 pm

J-ralli wrote:
billyboy wrote:Welcome to the club! Bought the right car, but in the wrong colour. :P

Enjoy & hope to share some tarmac with you soon. ;)

Thanks Mate. Lol then how come in your signature a blue RA is circuling the Rex :P

Hehe, thats an evo x. I've made a few exceptions... no blue is a great & popular color.

Have to say I baby'd mine when I got it, though talking with other members gave it a workout from the start, probably should of done the same.

So from western Syd? Me too.

J-ralli
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby J-ralli » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 pm

billyboy wrote:
J-ralli wrote:
billyboy wrote:Welcome to the club! Bought the right car, but in the wrong colour. :P

Enjoy & hope to share some tarmac with you soon. ;)

Thanks Mate. Lol then how come in your signature a blue RA is circuling the Rex :P

Hehe, thats an evo x. I've made a few exceptions... no blue is a great & popular color.

Have to say I baby'd mine when I got it, though talking with other members gave it a workout from the start, probably should of done the same.

So from western Syd? Me too.

Lol yeaa I actually realised after I wrote it. I was in carlingford and just have moved to Blacktown-bought a house. Where abouts are you?

Man the car hasnt even arrived yet and reading all the good stories about the power gains with a good tune is corrupting me...ahhhhh noooo not this early....I dont think I can totally "drive like I stole it" :P more cuz ill be learning how to drive the car but for sure ill be having fun from the start...

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:08 am

Welcome to ClubCJ
Glad to hear another RA is joining the family
If you want any modding advice you are in the right place
Hopefully we'll see you on a cruise after you take delivery Jehanzeb :wink:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:54 am

more cuz ill be learning how to drive the car

yeah, dont floor it man, just squeeze the throttle, let the computer do the work, its faster imo :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

J-ralli
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby J-ralli » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:19 am

Stacey wrote:Oh your local too me :P

Hey Stacey....so you in Blacktown or close by? In anycase hope to see you around :)

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Welcome to the club! You're gonna love it! I just picked up my first turbo last week (3 MPS) and it's awesomeness incarnate!
TUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBOOOOOO!

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”