New member from Sydney

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Welcome!! Good to see more Reds coming on board! :D
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

mechenggdude
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mechenggdude » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Not being discriminatory or anything, but Blade's comment just reminded me of something that happened today.

Pulled up to the lights, and next to me was a dude with a red top, red tinted sunnies, red hair and a red Lancer VR.

How's that for ranga pride?

Oh and seventieschick, welcome! It's good to see more sisters joining the club. Be a proud ranga!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Welcome Michelle... .

Hopefully you go on a cruise with our boys in NSW soon... .

Then get your purse ready for some serious mods... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Hey Michelle
Theres a few ladies in the club and we are trying to encourage more to come along and maybe join up.
Gender isnt an issue here and we will make you feel right at home and welcome anytime you care to cruise or just meet up depending what is organised. :mrgreen:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Michelle " Welcome " it's good to have another girl on board I too have just joined the club & I too was a bit worried to ask silly questions !!! but the guys here are so friendly & helpful I do feel more at ease now , I have new LED taillights for my lancer in which the club helped me get ( Thank you ofey ) & I still need to do a few more mods , feel free to email or PM anytime we may be able to help each other out , I too have a 2008 VR LANCER mine is the colour STEEL BLUE I live on the Central coast NSW I need to put a picture of my car in but iam still working on it , need to give up my full time job to have time for the lancer club HA HA catch up soon cheers Doreen .
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

crankyfatcow
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby crankyfatcow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:43 am

Hi Michelle

Welcome! I agree with Doreen that it is nice to have another girl here especially since we seem to have lost some of the others. I read more of what the guys are doing than actually writing anything & one day I'll get on a cruise. Really I will :D Cause now I want to check out the wheels that everyone has changed to cause I'm thinking of changing mine. There's just too much to choose from.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi michelle & cheryl yes I do the same read the guys advice & sometimes I have read something & i think OMG what dose that mean ???? but the more we listen to the guys (and GIRLS ) the more we will learn , I too want to replace my wheels I have always had mags on my cars I am thinking going a gunmetal finish this time & yes it would be good to see the cars in person . cheers Doreen

seventieschick
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby seventieschick » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Lol, loved all your posts! Thanks so much for the wonderful welcome! Everyone has been so nice on here and so helpful - I don't feel silly asking questions anymore! It's so cool that there are other girls on here!! And I agree with you Doreen, the guys are great and make you feel at ease............. I'm feeling right at home here.

Anyway, my purse (and hubby's wallet) are ready (front air dams at the top of list...), really looking forward to a cruise, have lots of questions to ask (and also have the answer to my noisy exhaust problem) and yeah, I'm definitely a proud ranga!

:)

Lancer-VRX08
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Lancer-VRX08 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Hey all

My names martin and i got a 2008 Black VRX sedan with a sunroof and Rockford Forsgate Premium sound deal, the sub cranks and so nicely fitted in the boot, i would love to change the wheels and lower, maybe 1 day ,

cheers

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi Martin welcome to the club.

I too have a sunroof with kids and it is hard to do the kids belts at night.

Lancer-VRX08
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Lancer-VRX08 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Thanks mate

yeh they can become a handfull in the dark especially when there unsettled but once you start driving the lancer puts her to sleep haha love it

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:54 pm

@ Michelle what was that about your noisy exhaust problem ???

Sorry Martin " welcome "

seventieschick
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby seventieschick » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Hey Doreen, how's it going?

Lol, the exhaust......About a month ago our exhaust (or what we thought was the exhaust) just got loud all of a sudden - I must say, I quite liked how it sounded! Anyway, I came on here and asked if anyone knew what it might be. The guys thought that there was probably a leak in the exhaust somewhere. So hubby took it into the dealer yesterday and it turns out that the sound wasn't coming from the exhaust at all but from the air filter box that had popped open! :)
Red Tail-light Brigade Member #6
ClubCJ Premium Member #146

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:46 pm

HI Michelle OH Thats good it wasn't any thing wrong with the exhaust then again you might have had your " nice noise " exhaust without replacing it HEEE HEEE Iam still deciding what exhaust I would like I do like the twin exhaust but I beleive you have to change over the back bumper to fit the twin exhaust ?/ PS do they still call them back bumpers ?? hee hee cheers Doreen

seventieschick
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby seventieschick » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Lol, I call them back bumpers too! But there probably is another term for them these days, there pretty much is for most things! I'd love a twin as well, but I'd hate to think how much all that would cost! Do you have an idea of how much?

As for the exhaust, I was calling it my "poor man's sports exhaust"!!! Seriously though, I really want a new exhaust, will probably do that after the front air dams.....

And welcome Martin! I too am new here. It's a great club. Everyone is friendly and really helpful...... You should be feeling right at home in no time!

Red Tail-light Brigade Member #6

ClubCJ Premium Member #146

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”