***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Power

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Midget Wrestler
INACTIVE Member Account

Power

Postby Midget Wrestler » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:40 pm

How do i get more power out of my new VRX?? With out spending too much money!!!!!!!
Giddy up with the midgets

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Take a gander through the NA Performance thread. There are a number of options.

Also look up the site for RPW, one of our sponsors. They're located in Perth and are currently doing R&D on CJ lancer performance mods.

A lot of people choose to swap out the factory filter for a high performance one such as HKS or K&N (I have a K&N on mine), then as a further step replace the intake snorkel with the one from the Ralliart and cut out the plastic in front of the intake where the slots are. This gets more air in.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:17 am

Personally to get some gains (probably a 5% difference) I'd get a Cold Air intake and an exhaust. Anything else you should have spent that extra $5k on a Ralliart :P
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: Power

Postby blanka » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:29 am

Midget Wrestler wrote:How do i get more power out of my new VRX?? With out spending too much money!!!!!!!

if u have the 2.4L vrx then it will be pretty powerful already, do ur bolt on mods first like intake, exhaust, pully then get a reflash and u will definitely get more power

also seen that ur in perth you should take ur car to RPW if u want more power, they can probably do u a full exhaust, intake n reflash n dyno and all that, >.< i would if i was in perth but im on the other side of the country lolz.
Uchiha Itachi

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 am

i can tell you alot of things you can do lol. bolt on things would be intake and exhaust(full exhaust not axle back(been told that actually gives no gains))

other things you can do is larger cam rods springs and cam seats
umm larger intake manifold( its the part after your throttle body) larger throttle body. i have been told for both of these parts you can use evo 10 ones, from JUN AUTO you can get bored out parts of both of these.

other things you can do that dont really give any power gains, you can get a larger/ lighter radiator from mishimoto.

exhaust manifold from RPW i believe it is. there is also heaps of other things that you can. to get more power. if you really wanted, buy a turbo that would be the way to get the most power.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Blakey wrote:i can tell you alot of things you can do lol. bolt on things would be intake and exhaust(full exhaust not axle back(been told that actually gives no gains))

other things you can do is larger cam rods springs and cam seats
umm larger intake manifold( its the part after your throttle body) larger throttle body. i have been told for both of these parts you can use evo 10 ones, from JUN AUTO you can get bored out parts of both of these.

other things you can do that dont really give any power gains, you can get a larger/ lighter radiator from mishimoto.

exhaust manifold from RPW i believe it is. there is also heaps of other things that you can. to get more power. if you really wanted, buy a turbo that would be the way to get the most power.

he said without spending too much money lolz
Uchiha Itachi

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:33 pm

i have selective reading lol. and lot of those things are pretty cheap considering.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:39 pm

Welcome to the club, good to see another Perth member!

as a few have said, RPW are the place to go, have a talk to them (or PM them) and see what they can do for you regarding performance ;)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”