Hello all

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

cge35r
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Hello all

Postby cge35r » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:00 pm

Hi, new member have joined as these forums are a great way to learn about cars and people. My Youngest has bought a CJ Ralliart over 12 months ago and has greatly enjoyed it ever since. I am lucky enough to be the only other person allowed the keys :D .
Regards Craig
There's no speed limit on Acceleration

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello all

Postby aspir3 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:42 pm

Welcome to the club Craig

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:07 am

(WTTC)
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

awood
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby awood » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:08 am

Welcome mate.

cge35r
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby cge35r » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:24 am

Thanks for the welcome, Probably be asking some questions soon. He's really had no issues from a second hand car and we're ( dad is ) still researching. No real mods yet car was lowered too far when bought so we had a full set of slightly lower than factory springs fitted at our local Jax and it stopped eating tyres and will go over speed humps :-) We fitted a K& N filter and had a sports muffler and resonator delete done = much nicer sound - again at a local Muffler shop.
It's his daily and seems to cope well.
Regards Craig

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:22 pm

cge35r wrote:Thanks for the welcome, Probably be asking some questions soon. He's really had no issues from a second hand car and we're ( dad is ) still researching. No real mods yet car was lowered too far when bought so we had a full set of slightly lower than factory springs fitted at our local Jax and it stopped eating tyres and will go over speed humps :-) We fitted a K& N filter and had a sports muffler and resonator delete done = much nicer sound - again at a local Muffler shop.
Regards Craig

Hi Craig what springs did you fit and did you replace the shockers/struts at the same time?
I’d recommend fitting a good panel filter rather then the K&N as the oil stuffs up the maf sensor. The best bang for bucks mod is a tune. I’m not sure your location but I’d recommend David Hinde aka Merlin. It will transform the car

cge35r
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby cge35r » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:35 pm

Hi aspir3, I'll have to check but I think Kings springs they were manufactured and supplied in Queensland i'm sure my workshop manager told us at the time. The K&N is a Cotton High Flow direct replacement for the original panel filter which felt greasy when I swapped it out. There was no need to replace shocks\struts as it drives\ rides\ handles fine now and he's flat out paying for it and putting fuel in it at the moment so even though he has some ideas further mods are on hold.

Regards Craig

keats1379
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby keats1379 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:55 am

aspir3 wrote:
cge35r wrote:Thanks for the welcome, Probably be asking some questions soon. He's really had no issues from a second hand car and we're ( dad is ) still researching. No real mods yet car was lowered too far when bought so we had a full set of slightly lower than factory springs fitted at our local Jax and it stopped eating tyres and will go over speed humps :-) We fitted a K& N filter and had a sports muffler and resonator delete done = much nicer sound - again at a local Muffler shop.
Regards Craig

The best bang for bucks mod is a tune. I’m not sure your location but I’d recommend David Hinde aka Merlin. It will transform the car

Oh damn, is Merlin still tuning? Might have to look into him once I've got my ralli to a level thats worth stopping at for a bit.

Wouldn't want to get it tuned then add more mods straight after haha.
MY RIDE: Gold 2011 CJ Lancer SX Auto Sedan

Shoulda bought a manual :mrgreen:

Avenir
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Avenir » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:38 am

He is still around tuning. But he's quite difficult to get a hold of if you aren't in NSW. I never could, so you'd have to do a remote tune which takes added time and effort.

My car has pretty much all the step 1/phase 1 whatever its called done to it and still haven't got it tuned.

Avenir
2015 NISSAN 370Z SPORT TOURING AUTO
GKTech Dual CAI
Invidia Gemini CBE

2008 LANCER VRX MANUAL
K&N Typhoon Intake + RA Snorkel
4-2-1 OBX Wrapped Extractors
2.5 MF Header Back + MF 200 Cell
TS Short Shifter
XYZ SS Coilovers + SuperPro Perf Control Arms
SuperPro Poly Bushings
Whiteline F&R Sway Bars + Link Arms

keats1379
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby keats1379 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:57 am

Avenir wrote:He is still around tuning. But he's quite difficult to get a hold of if you aren't in NSW. I never could, so you'd have to do a remote tune which takes added time and effort.

My car has pretty much all the step 1/phase 1 whatever its called done to it and still haven't got it tuned.

Avenir

Ah true, yeah the remote part will be the issue for me, since I'm based in SA.

I don't know what step I'd be on after the mods are completed, but at this stage it'll be high flow panel filter, Evo X intercooler and piping, boost pill at minimum, otherwise 3 port, minimum catback with hi flow cat, or just a full turboback depending on what options I want, and hopefully flex fuel too lol.

Currently I've only got the panel filter fitted, and intercooler on the way, but that's the future plan.
MY RIDE: Gold 2011 CJ Lancer SX Auto Sedan

Shoulda bought a manual :mrgreen:

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”