NEW CJ VR 08 owner here need help

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

CJVR08
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

NEW CJ VR 08 owner here need help

Postby CJVR08 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Good evening everyone, well I got passed down an old 2008 built VR lancer high KMS average condition but it's came down through the family tree.

Anyway I really need to know more I've never owned a lancer, it is VR 2008 5speed manual, it has trip computer which looks like it says service is overdue with a key symbol and 20,000kms next to it???

It rides fine may be a little soft in the steering but that could just be wear and tear and I expect it may need something like wheel alignment or maybe the discs need to be changed cos there's a little vibration on braking...

I'm not sure what these cars need like how often do they need servicing and is it just routine or major stuff?

Like if it has not been serviced in a long time what could go wrong?

What are the gearbox like it feels a little tough going into 5th, I mean it goes in just not so smooth??

Cruise control works well and traction control.

I've owned an TJ magna and it needed alot of services and like high performance plugs and stuff does the 2L lancer need all that????

Does it need to go to Mitsubishi to reset the computer or plug it in to computer or can any mechanic fix that service message????

What are the main recalls for the 2008 lancers???
I will ring Mitsubishi and give my vin soon ...

Just really need to know have I taken on a huge pain or are these cars literally bulletproof???

Thanks again I'm in Australia.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: NEW CJ VR 08 owner here need help

Postby bumblebee » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Posting the same question twice won't do you any good either
As soon as anyone.logs in they will see any posts that are new ;-)

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”