New Member - About to Purchase VRX

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

nc
INACTIVE Member Account

New Member - About to Purchase VRX

Postby nc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 am

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks for all the comments and information here, it has been such a huge huge help in my decision making (need to do a lot of money before parting with the majority of my hard earned cash).

After reading about the differences between the MY09 and MY10 and considering the budget i have, i figured now was probably a good time to pick up at MY09 a bit cheaper (with MY10 model coming out).

I was going to buy last weekend but thought i would just take that extra week to think before making the purchase. I will be buying a VRX Sportback (not everyone's cup of tea i know but i love it) in Effect Grey with the premium RF audio.

After talking with my local dealer, he has given me a price of 29,000 drive away for:

Lancer VRX Sportback (Effect Grey) w/ premium plates (said he refuses to sell a car without them), floor mats and RF audio.

From reading various topics in here i think $29,000 is a pretty good price isn't it???

OR, should i be looking to pay a bit less than that given i will be buying one of the last of the old models??

While it would be nice to get a MY10 model i am at the very top end of my budget and i think if i want to get the VRX my only chance would be to buy a MY09 now.

Any replies/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Nick

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:35 am

Welcome to ClubCJ!!!

I haven't been following the prices closely, but you are better off getting a couple of quotes and go around until you get it cheaper. We are nearing the end of the month, and this weekend is the last of the month so you should get some decent deals.

I find the best way is to go to the sales person and say that you are ready to buy and if they do you a deal you are happy with you will sign now. The simpler you make it for the sales person the better. But make sure you stress that you have to be happy with the price. This method only works if you are prepared to walk away if they don't give you what you are happy with.

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 am

Hey welcome! That price sounds pretty good, which dealer is it coming from. Some are more flexible than other when it comes to throwing in extras. What I recommend is to take that price around to a few other dealers and see what they can add. They will want your business so make em work for it! Window tint, fuel door etc. check out the accessories catalogue and see what else you can get :D

Hope to see you out at meets when you pick up your ride!
TUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBOOOOOO!

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:09 am

$29,000 would be the cheapest price anyone here has paid for a VRX Sportback as far as I know. I got mine when they first came out in Nov. 08 for $29,500 with a few extras (boot liner, mats and rear park assist) and thought I did pretty well, but $29,000 with RF audio and metallic paint is really good!
ClubCJ's first Sportback

nc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks heaps for the comments so far!

I got that quote from a dealer in Pennant Hills, quite a small one actually. Salesman was not pushy at all, i told him i probably won't buy it today and he still gave me that price upfront without being pushy or anything. I went to another dealer in Baulkham Hills later that day and they refused to even mention anything under 30,000. I will try another dealer or two on saturday and then talk to the salesman at Pennant Hills to see if he can do the best price (i would like to buy off him because i feel that i should give preference to the person who was willing to give me the best price originally).

But i am quietly hoping to get it a bit under 29,000 (he offered a white one for 28,500).

Just on another note, noone thinks it is stupid to buy a MY09 so close to the MY10 do they?? is the price cut i can potentially get worth buying the MY09 model in your opinions??

Thanks Again for the prompt replies!

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Check out our sponser PMR they have SBs under that $28990, I even think they had a RASB for the $37000 mark (ex demo) so you could screw them down further or get PMR to ship you one of theirs.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:40 pm

when i bought mine the salesman was very nice, not pushy and actually told me about a better a deal. i dont think your mad in getting a MY09 when the MY10 will be out soo, maybe tell your dealer that, by giving you a good price now it will clear room ready for the MY10, and if he waits till later on in the year that he will have to slash the price even further therefore not making as much money, lol but that all depends on how nice your dealer is.

but good luck with the buy

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Ah I know the one at Pennant Hills (Alto) been talking to them about an MY10 VRX - they seemed okay on price, but you can work it harder. I don't think they can compete with the pricing I'm getting. Haven't asked yet. :)

The ones a Baulkham Hills/Castle Hill (Heartland) are good blokes but don't seem to be able to go low.

So far my pricing I've been told is just under 31K for VRX Auto, paint, and reverse parking sensors. However it's down to two dealers and I think I can go even lower. I'll worry about the options later.

So for an MY09, you can go lower. MMAL are offering $2500 incentive on the MY09 as a run out.

nc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:25 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:
So far my pricing I've been told is just under 31K for VRX Auto, paint, and reverse parking sensors. However it's down to two dealers and I think I can go even lower. I'll worry about the options later.

Which dealer gave you that price?? I can check out the dealers at Parramatta as well if they are likely to give better prices.

Which dealers have you been to?? do any seem more willing to negotiate on price than others??

i went to Baulkham Hills (heartland) as well and they seemed really unwilling to budge on price for me too

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:26 pm

NC,
PM me if u want some info on how not to screwed by car dealers here in Aust. I can give you some info very few people are aware pf cause dealers keep the info secret to boost their profits even when u think u r getting a great deal. Prob be easiest to explain on phone if u want to give me a call ,maybe tomorrow or thurs evening. Will take a bit long to type it all out.
Pm me and Ill give u my number.

If not good luck with it.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

hasu12
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby hasu12 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:57 am

just get ralliart .. i think sport back one are so cheap i rekon u can get one for like brand new 35 cuz no one buying them. At least test drive the ralliart before u buy vrx .. extra 6g and no regrets :)

nc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:55 am

hasu12 wrote:just get ralliart .. i think sport back one are so cheap i rekon u can get one for like brand new 35 cuz no one buying them. At least test drive the ralliart before u buy vrx .. extra 6g and no regrets :)

HAH! wish i could! extra 6gs is 6gs i dont have unfortunately.

Thanks Aussie027! will be in touch with you soon!

Spewman
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Spewman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 am

Hey m8, welcome to the club!
I think what the dealer's asking for is a pretty good to start with, but if that's the first number he's thrown at you he can surely go lower, he's just guna keep playing around with you. I reckon your best bet is to ring all the other dealers in syd, but tell them a price that is cheaper than what you were quoted from the other dealer (it would be better to go to the dealer so they no you're serious) once they get a bite they'll be tearing each other apart for you money lol, and if you leave em hanging right til the end of the month they'll basically throw a car at you for no proffit to boost their budget :) . Alway ask for floor mats and a tank of fuel at least, and push for more right before you sign the papers :D ... Watch out for the usually hot extras lady as well! Don't fall for her juicy cleavage and "I've got one of those on my car it's great!" BS! If you do get an extra, tell here to halve the price or throw another one in for free and stick with it. The alarm, tinting, sat nav etc is no better than aftermarket and they usually double the price.

Nothing like typing up a wall of text on my iPhone at break time lol, thumb cramps for the win!

nc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nc » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 am

Hey all. Finally bought the new vrx yesterday. Went shoppng round some dealers and none of them would even get close to 29000 drive away for the 09 manual vrx (the salesman at parramatta wouldn't go below 29990 for an 09 built in feb!). So I jus twent back to alto mits at pennant hills, asked for the my10 (spontanious decision) for 29000 wit floor mats, premium plates, metallic paint, plate covers, blue interior illuminators and cf scuff plates and front tinting/security glass. He called his boss, spoke for about 15 seconds n said that was ok.

So anyway. 29000 for the my10 vrx sedan with those extras I was pretty happy. Only worry is that they agreed with it so quickly
makes me think I shoulda asked for more lol. Still, no other dealer would even get close with the price so I didn't expect they would b so willing.

Pretty happy. Can't wait to get it (2 weeks).

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone!

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:57 am

*claps*

Nice work mate, congrats :)

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”