Tein Flex Z Coilovers
Avid 1- 06 18 x 8.5 x 35et
Hidro Real Carbon

Tywhiteguy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Re: Hello from California

Postby Tywhiteguy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:50 am

Lmao “amplify crap and give you loud crap.” Yah I grabbed the passenger side tweeter but the whole drivers side door was gone and yes it was super easy just wish I kept the screws. One odd thing tho, after plugging it in and testing for a few minutes everything was good, then maybe 15 minutes later when I tried it again, my Bluetooth on my HU stopped working. Super weird but I’m gonna look into that today
2012 ES Sportback USDM Long Beach, CA. RA Snorkel, K&N Drop-In,Custom 2.25 catback with Flowmaster resonator+jdm 4” muffler, Gutted from rear seats back, Pioneer AVH-211EX+12” compact sub :welcome:

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Well yes my description is pretty accurate
If you have a crap signal to begin with then you will just amplify that crap signal and get a bigger crappy signal then you started with.
Many people over look the basic stuff and put it together and wonder why after spending a million bucks , the kids at the end of the street with a galaxy note 9 with dual speakers enable get better sounding Audio.
Bloody good amp
Decent wiring
Feel free to shove in a decent capacitor across the amp as well
I use a Boss 10 farad hybrid cap.
As for tweeters I have currently in my ride a pair of one inch "pearless" 80wrms I think they are
Man they are amazing.

Tywhiteguy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Tywhiteguy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:11 pm

Sounds great. Yah the next one will be installed by a pro
2012 ES Sportback USDM Long Beach, CA. RA Snorkel, K&N Drop-In,Custom 2.25 catback with Flowmaster resonator+jdm 4” muffler, Gutted from rear seats back, Pioneer AVH-211EX+12” compact sub :welcome:

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:32 am

Mmmm
I have seen some of the installation by some "professional" installers and to be honest , I can do a better job.
If you going to use a professional Installer , please do your research and actually see their work before hand.
Don't get me wrong, there is some great installers out there who do an amazing job. There are others who charge and arm and a leg and their work (if you could call it that) is woeful at best.
Installation of a stereo system isn't usually that tough.
It is time consuming though.
Before you start Ake sure you have a decent tool kit and parts for it. Have a chat to a few installer and get a few ideas from them on how to do it and have a go yourself.
Do not rush it. Even if you take your time and it takes a week or two that's cool. It will save you a fortune doing it yourself , plus you get the self satisfaction knowing you did it.

Tywhiteguy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Tywhiteguy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:03 am

Right, I did the one on my last car and that was pretty simple for a first-timer but the lancer was much more difficult because I could not find a grommet in the firewall that was big enough or I couldn’t find the other side in the cabin. But I’ve had the car maybe 6-7 months and I’ve changed my setups probably 6 times already. One question I have is if my power wire has excess length does that negatively impact it in any way?

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Mmm
Depends on how much excess you have
It's always best to keep them as sort as possible
The longer it is the more internal resistance it has
The more resistance it has the more the voltage drop
The more the voltage drop the more less performance you can get out of the amp
The less performance from the amp will allow more distortion into the audio being amplified
The more distortion there is the more horrible the audio quality
The more distortion there is the higher chance of putting direct DC across the speaker terminal
The more the chance of DC the higher the chance of the voice coil glowing red hot
The more the chance the voice coil glows red hot the higher the chance of smoke coming from the speaker
The more the chance of smoke the more the chance of speaker on fire
The more the chance of speaker on fire the more the chance of amp going in to melt down or thermal run away if it is a poor quality amp
The more the chance of the amp going like Chernobyl the more the chance of power wires getting hot
The more the chance of power wires getting hot the more the chance of them catching on fire
The .ore the chance of the power leads on fire the more the chance of the car catching on fire

Always put a fuse and the correct size one no.more then 30cm from the battery terminal. A resettable circuit breaker also works.
Hope this helps make it a bit more clear to understand the consequences of your actions.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”